Chapter 8

Bri was the second member that was out on a mission on the day of Maddie's arrival.

But when Maddie actually ended up meeting her, she was an absolute sweetheart, so kind and bubbly.

Bri was the girl that Maddie could count on whenever she needed advice or needed to ask questions about things, because Bri never judged her in the slightest. She was like a best friend.

"Hey Maddie, you've heard about Cinclo, right?"
Bri's voice snapped her into reality.

"No, what Cinclo? Sounds dumb-"
Maddie was silenced by Bri's hand going over her mouth.

"Don't be too loud, you never know who is and isn't around."
Bri whispered before sighing.
"Cinclo is the main villain organisation that operates in Halodine, mostly in the city's underground though. It was them that caused the Spring Hotel to collapse last week, it was all over the news!" Bri lectured, sounding more like a news reporter to be honest.

"Oh yeah, I heard about that. Did anyone die?"
Maddie asked, her curiosity too much to bury down deep.

"A bit of a grim question, don't you think? But no, nobody died thankfully." Bri reassured, giving Maddie a look of concern.
"Are you normally this blunt; or is it accidental?"

Maddie didn't think this day would come so soon. The day when Bri would actually be judging her. She couldn't tell if this was a miracle or not.
"Do you normally have a lack of judgement?" Maddie asked back.

Bri just looked at her with confusion...
"What the fuck are you talking about, Maddie?.."

They both bursted out with laughter. Why were they laughing? Not even they knew...