38 | Graduation

Four Months and Three Weeks After

Graduation day had finally come.

Finally, it was, and after years of school projects, making friends and bullies, tests and exams—not to mention akumatizations happening almost every single day—the students had finally reached the end of an era.

After the ceremony they'd all be going their separate ways, to live a life and fulfil their hopes and dreams, their deepest desires.

Well, some of them would. Adrien and Marinette were still unsure of their future. The investigation was going strong as ever, and unknown to them, more evidence was found and uncovered.

Inside Francoise Dupont, a makeshift stage sat in the middle of the courtyard with rows and rows of plastic chairs for the students' family and guests, where they sat and waited for the graduation ceremony to begin.

The graduating students were gathered in the locker room, sporting their matching purple gowns. Their caps were hand decorated and designed by the students themselves, allowing for personality and their own identity.

Marinette zipped up her purple gown and turned to face her best friend. "Al, we're finally graduating!"

"I know!" Alya shrieked. "We've only been waiting for this day for—what—ever now?"

The two girls held hands and squealed. "Eeek!"

"I'm going to become the top reporter in Paris—eventually—and you're going to New York! You're on your way to becoming the fashion designer you've always wanted to be!" Alya said with a big smile. "Mari, I'm so proud of you. You never gave up on your dreams, ever."

Marinette forced a smile. She had no idea if she'd be able to go to New York, not with this investigation still going on. "Yeah... New York is going to be great."

"Maybe we'll see each other there," Chloe commented as she and Sabrina walked by the pair. "I'll be the best dressed, of course, wearing a Dupain-Cheng design."

The pig-tailed girl smiled at the blonde. The resentment the two teens had for each other had slowly faded over the years. They weren't exactly friends, but they weren't enemies anymore.

"A Bourgeois wearing my design would be a dream," Marinette said to her with a grin. "Only the best for the best."

"Now you're getting too mushy, Dupain-Cheng," Chloe scoffed with an eye roll. "You'll have to get your own ride, though. I don't let just anyone on my private jet."

Marinette laughed. "No, that'd be ridiculous."

"Utterly ridiculous," Chloe said with a chuckle.

The two laughed and the blonde and her redhead walked off.

"It's weird seeing you and Chloe finally getting along," Alya pointed out. "Especially since how awful she was when we were younger."

"Chloe's come around," Marinette said. "She still has her bad moments, but she's not a complete terror anymore."

Miss Bustier clapped her hands and got the students' attention. "Alright, guys! The ceremony will begin in ten minutes. Make sure you're all standing in alphabetical order before we go out there."

"And there better not be any jokes or pranks!" Miss Mendeleiev warned them. "Or no one is graduating!"

"Don't worry, you'll still graduate! We can't hold back your diplomas, but there will be consequences for any foul play," Miss Bustier assured them as she walked off with their science teacher.