Chapter 12: The Sorting Ceremony

It was nightfall by the time the Hogwarts Express arrived at Hogsmeade Station at the train station there stood Hagrid with a lantern in his hand waiting to guide the first years to the boats.

Right then first years this way please, come on now first years don't be shy said Hagrid

All of the students of Hogwarts exited the train, while all the older students were getting rides on the carriages, the first years were going with Hagrid to ride the boats to the school, as soon as Harry, Henry Ron and all the other first years got off the train donning their Hogwarts robes, they approached the tall but lovable Rubeus Hagrid.

Hello, Harry, Henry greeted Hagrid

Hi, Hagrid said Harry and Henry

Hello, Braxton said Hagrid as he greeted his son

Hi, Dad said Braxton

Right then, this way to the boats come on now, follow me! Hagrid called out to the first years

Hagrid then led all the first years to the docks and they all each got in individual boats which Braxton joined his father on his boat, Hagrid pulled out his umbrella wand and pointed it at the boats and all the boats started moving across the Black Lake, as the boats were reaching its destination Harry, Henry, Ron and all the other first year students were met with the sight of this magnificent castle, the one and only Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry it looked wonderful, beautiful, whimsical and magical, Harry and Henry looked at each other and knew this was the start of a great and magical adventure.

After the boats docked they were led inside the castle   as they walked up the stairs to be met with the sight of Professor Minerva McGonagall at the entrance of the school, she was exactly how Braxton described to Harry and Henry she was strict but kind.

Welcome to Hogwarts greeted Professor McGonagall "now in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses"

This is my favourite part about Hogwarts Braxton whispered to Harry, Henry and Ron

They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, now while you're here your house is like your family your triumphs will earn you points, any rule breaking and you will lose points said Professor McGonagall explaining further

"At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup-"

Before Professor McGonagall could finish her sentence Neville Longbottom found his toad Trevor on the steps beneath her feet, he walked back into the crowd of first years embarrassed.

The Sorting Ceremony will begin momentarily said Professor McGonagall

As Professor McGonagall left, the blond kid from earlier pointed out to everyone that Harry Potter himself was here at Hogwarts.

It's true then what they're saying on the train, Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts said the blonde kid

Every first year started whispering to each other and pointing at Harry, which made him feel a bit embarrassed, the blonde boy then started introducing himself and his two friends.

This is Crabbe and Goyle, and I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy said the boy

Ron then snickered at his name, and Draco heard it and was not amused