6

The next day, Alexandra awoke to her phone vibrating, alerting her of a new message. She groaned, rolled over, and grabbed her noisy phone from her bedside. Her mood instantly brightened upon seeing who it was. She opened the chat and read the message.

Nik:

Nik: Hey Lex, I don't know if you're doing anything today, but if you're not, I was wondering if you wanted to meet up again?

Lex: Hey Nik! Yeah, I'd love to, I'm not doing anything today. What time were you thinking?

Nik: That's great. Around 9 ish? We could meet near that bench we were sat at yesterday?

Lex: Sounds good, see you there!

Nik: See you there

Alexandra smiled at her phone, excited that she was going to see her brother again. The previous day they had spent hours talking to each other, and getting to know one another. She had already decided she loved spending time with him, and wasn't surprised that he was her favourite when she was younger.

She got out of bed and grabbed a pair of jeans and a cropped hoodie. She walked into her bathroom, got herself ready and had a shower, and changed into her clothes.

She walked downstairs half an hour later, almost skipping down the stairs. She walked into the kitchen greeting her little sisters happily, and even momentarily forgetting how she'd been ignoring her parents, and greeted them too.

Grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl in the centre of the kitchen island, she announced "I'm going out today. I don't know what time I'll be back, but I'm leaving in an hour. I'll be in my room if you need me."

Alexandra made her way back upstairs, and entered her bedroom. She jumped onto her bed, laying on her stomach. As she ate her apple, she reached over to her bedside and grabbed the book she had begun reading last night.

Andy had a thing for reading. Ever since she was seven or eight years old, she loved to read. She had a huge bookshelf, taking up most of one of the walls of her bedroom. She had almost three hundred books, and had read most of them at least five times over.

She got halfway through her book before she placed it back on her bedside table, carefully marking the page she had gotten to. She went into her wardrobe and grabbed a pair of trainers. Slipping them on as she walked downstairs, she called out to her family.

"I'm leaving, see you later!"

She could hear responses of "See you later!" "Bye Andy." and "Have fun."

Andy closed the door behind her, pulling her phone from her jeans pocket and messaged Ali.

Ali 🤍

Andy 🤍: Hey Ali xx

Ali 🤍: Hey Andy xx

Andy 🤍: Soo, you know how that man who was watching us is my brother? xx

Ali 🤍: Yess xx

Andy 🤍: Well, I took your advice, and I went to go find him yesterday xx

Ali 🤍: Please tell me you didn't go alone! xx

Andy 🤍: Well.. xx

Ali 🤍: Andy! xx

Andy 🤍: I'm finee, chill! xx

Ali 🤍: Honestly, do you ever listen to my warnings?! xx