16

Alexandra's POV

I'm so excited. Today's the day that I get to meet the rest of my siblings. All the nerves and doubts in my mind were gone, having dissolved after talking to Nik, Lia and Daph.

All that remains is excitement and happiness. I'm a little wary though. Not about my siblings, but because Nik told me that he'd be dropping me off with someone while he woke the others up.

I don't know who this mystery person is, and I'm a bit nervous. I hate being around strangers, and that's what this man is. A stranger.

But I trust Nik, and I know he wouldn't let anything or anyone hurt me. That thought alone calms me down.

I reached the train station, and sit on the bench nearest the platform. I sit there waiting for Nik for about ten minutes, before he finally decides to show up.

"Where have you been?" I ask him, joking around.

"I've been walking over here," he answers.

"Uh huh. Forgot you have super speed, huh?" I tease, laughing at the look on his face.

He rolls his eyes, looking down at me in amusement. He ignores my question, and instead holds out a hand to help me stand up.

"Come on, the trains here," he pulls me forward, heading to the closest open door.

Five minutes later, we're sat at the table seats, on our way to Mystic Falls. The train ride seems to drag for ages. It's silent most of the time, which I don't mind, because it leaves me alone with my thoughts.

It's not until we're only five minutes away from the station that Nik strikes up a conversation.

"So, Little Wolf, how are you feeling?"

"I'm excited. I can't wait to see them all again. I mean, it'll take some getting used to, obviously, but I can't wait to get to know them all. From the pieces I can remember, and from what you've told me about them all, they seem amazing," I answer, gazing out of the window, going over which siblings I can remember and which I can't.

I feel guilty that I can't remember them all, but in my defence, there is six of them, not including Nik. I unconsciously start fiddling with the bobble around my wrist, lost in my own thoughts.

"Lex? Lex? You still there?" I hear my brothers voice snapping me out of my daze. I look up at him and grin sheepishly.

"I'm here," I reply, earning a laugh in response.

"Come on, we're here."

We walk off the train and onto the platform. This time, instead of exiting from the left, we exit from the right. I'm guessing that means that this person lives on the other side of town to where we usually go.

"So, are you finally gonna tell me who's supposed to be looking after me?" I ask curiously.

"He's the brother of an old friend," Nik replies.

I start thinking about all of Nik's 'old friends' because I know he won't elaborate further until we're there. He's told me all about his history, all the horrors he created, everything he did, and all of his friends. And to be fair, there weren't many genuine friends by the sound of it.

After about ten minutes of walking and thinking to myself, it clicks.

"Stefan Salvatore. That's the old friend you're talking about? So, that means Damon Salvatore is the one looking after me. Unless there's another Salvatore brother, but I highly doubt that," I suddenly speak up, breaking the silence.

Nik stops walking, looking at me surprised. "How did you figure that out?" he asks me incredulously.

I grab his arm and pull him forward to get him to start walking again. "Well, you said the brother of an old friend. You've told me about all of your 'old friends'" I use air quotes around that, earning a roll of the eyes in return. "There really aren't many, you've got too many enemies to have friends. Anyway, I went through them all, and Stefan's the only one who has a brother that isn't dead."