12

The next day, Alexandra and Ali arrange to meet up, as they haven't seen each other for almost two weeks now, due to Andy meeting up with Nik a lot more.

Alexandra was so glad that Ali had been so understanding and supportive of her getting to know her brother. She had offered several times to cover for her again if she ever needed it. It seemed she was almost as excited about the whole thing as Andy was, which she was entirely grateful for.

Ali was happy that her best friend was happy. She finally knew who she actually was and had a part of her real family back with her. She had never seen Andy seem so happy in her life, and she loved seeing her improved moods and hearing her talking about her brother with nothing but pure joy in her voice.

The two girls met up at the park at 10am the day after Alexandra had returned home after shifting for the first time.

Alison sat on the swings, waiting for her best friend to arrive. She turned around when she heard a very familiar voice calling her name.

Ali watched as Andy made her way over to her, a huge smile taking over her face. She noticed that she looked happier than ever. She took in her appearance, noticing how her eyes now had a sparkle present.

"Hey Ali!" Alexandra greeted her friend cheerfully, pulling her into a hug.

"Hey Andy," Ali replied, laughing slightly at her bubbly mood. "You seem happier than normal," she pointed out, smiling widely. All she ever wanted was for her best friend to be happy, and was pleased that she was.

"I am! Everything is amazing at the minute, except from my parents, but that doesn't matter. I've got the greatest best friend I could ever have asked for, the best big brother ever, and two of the most amazing little sisters ever!" Alexandra replied, slightly bouncing on the balls of her feet in excitement.

Ali laughed and pulled her friend down onto the swing next to her. "I'm glad, honestly Andy, I'm so happy for you. But what do you mean except from your parents?" the older girl questioned, worried about what they'd done or said now. She had been told everything that had happened between the three Smith's, and knew how much it had hurt her best friend.

"Nothing much, just apologised to me last night. But as soon as I said I forgave them, my dad basically told me I couldn't go out as much anymore, and I had to stay home more, to 'spend time with the family', as if nothing had happened. It made me mad so I went off at them-"

"Oh god, that can't have been good," Ali interrupted, knowing how her best friend could easily lose her temper. She laughed as she saw Andy glare at her with a small smile, although she was clearly trying to hold back a laugh.

"I'm not that bad you know. Oh shut up," Alexandra mumbled, seeing the look of disbelief on her friends face, chuckling slightly. "Anyways, I just started shouting, told them I'd met one of my brothers and that's why I've been out so often lately. And then I may have told them that he cared more about me and actually cared about what I was feeling and thinking, more than they did. Then I stormed out and went to go hang with my sisters."

"Jesus Andy," Ali sighed, rolling her eyes, but letting out a small laugh. "You had every right to be mad, but couldn't you have told them that in a less.. aggressive way?"

"It wasn't aggressive!"

"Sure."

Alexandra rolled her eyes, ignoring the question. "I basically just told them they couldn't stop me from seeing my brother, and that I don't care about what they think anymore."

"Fair enough. Well, they kind of deserve it, if they've only apologised to get you to stay in the house. I mean, they could've at least waited a few weeks to say that, not say it straight after you forgive them. At least then you would've been calmer about it all, and wouldn't have ended up shouting and storming out." Ali said after a moment of silence.