Chapter 2

"Wake up! It's time to go to your school Ms. Freshman in College!"

I jolt awake from my sheets of my bed feeling the fabric slide off my body. I cover my ears with my pillow trying to block out my mother's loud voice that irritates me to the bone.

"Are you going to do this in college-"

I turn onto my stomach and look at my mother whose already managed to get ready this early in the morning. Her eyelashes were curled to perfection along with eyeliner on her waterline making her eyes pop. But, of course she made sure to make her hair slightly effortless but at the same time elegant.

"Mother, don't start please" I warn her in my half waken state.

She rolls her eyes but manages to put on a sweet smile afterwards. I start getting up from my fluffy queen size bed and walk over towards my white vanity.

"What on heavens earth is this?!" She yells to the top of her lungs.

I turn around to see what she's so shocked about. I widen my eyes as soon as I see what is in her hands, and memories from last night start flooding in.

"It's- it's uh meatballs!" I stutter thinking of the first thing that popped into my head.

My mother gives me a unconvinced look and continues to hold up my dress.

"Audrey if this is your way of showing us your an adult then you don't need to do that" My mother says sympathetically.

I groan in frustration and I look back over at her annoyed. It wasn't meatballs, but it sure did look like it.

After, leaving Joe's last night with Grace I decided to drive her home as well. I had no idea that she had so much to drink though. With just a few miles down the rode she had thrown up on me. Completely.

"This man who was drunk last night just threw up on me" I mutter.

My mother widens her eyes horrified at to what I just said.

"Why were you near a man who was drunk?!" She yells.

"I was passing by Joe's- but mother shouldn't I be getting ready?" I change the subject quickly.

"Oh- of course, hurry!" She practically yells.

I get up from my vanity and head straight towards my bathroom. Once I'm in, I lock it making sure no one can come in. I grab a towel from one of the dark chestnut draws of my bathroom and hang it on the silver towel rack besides the shower.

A knock sounds at the door making me open it.

"Ms.- I mean Audrey do you want me to take this to the dry cleaners?" Mitchum asks politely as usually.

I blush bright red probably making me look like a ripe tomato.

"Oh- yes please, I would appreciate it" I stutter out of embarrassment.

He nods making it a signal for me to close the door. Once again I lock the dark, wood door and I continue to undress from my pajamas. I put my clothes into my hamper so Mitchum knows they need to be washed.

Once I turn on the shower I feel the cool droplets of the water touch my pale skin. I step in allowing the water to help me relax. I close my eyes and try to enjoy the feeling of the water on my body.

Lately, everything has been so hectic. Preparing to go to college really has taken a toll on me.But, now that the day has finally came and I've managed to get into a good college I can finally relax.

"Audrey! Get out now honey, or you'll be late!"

At the sound of my mother telling me I'll be late I snap open my eyes quickly in fear. I can't be late on the first day. That'll be unacceptable! Horrifying!