Chapter 8

"He said let's get out of this town... Drive out of the city... Away from the crowd"

The sound of my phone went off. The voice of Taylor Swift didn't seem to bother me as much as having to talk to someone did. I didn't want to answer it. But, maybe if I let it ring they wouldn't bother to call again. Maybe they'll forget about me. Things don't work that simply of course.

My face still buried into my pillow I moved my hand to the side to grab my phone. I struggled a bit to find it on my nightstand table, but I managed. I slid my thumb across the screen and accepted the dreadful call.

"Hello" I mumble with annoyance obvious in my voice.

"It's Saturday" A voice says that I did not yet recognize.

"Yes, I am aware that it is" I say into the phone with annoyance.

"Well, where the hell are you?" The voice asks me angrily.

I rose from my bed and looked over at my clock that ticked slowly. It was eleven-sixteen in the morning and I knew very well I had no plans whatsoever this weekend.

"Wait- who the hell am I speaking to?" I ask my heart racing with anticipation.

"Ryan?" He says questionably.

Ryan? I had almost forgotten about him. I wish I had though, maybe I would forget about Douglas beating him senseless. Or Douglas in generally.

"Why did you call me?" I ask him curiously as to what he might say.

"Well, our families have only ever had Lunch together on Saturday the first week of every month since I can remember" He chuckles lightly but with a hint of nervousness in his voice.

My eyes nearly pop out of their sockets when he tells me this. How could I have forgotten! My mother is going to literally kill me if I am late. I get up from my small bed and run over to my tidy closet.

"Ryan, I'll be there soon try to distract them, please? I forgot we had that lunch today" I plead desperately to Ryan.

I hear a long sigh before he says,"I'll try my best, but hurry up Audrey."

I hang up the phone and continue to look over my clothes till finally, I find a dark navy blue dress that stopped right above my knees. This dress always seemed to be my mother's favorite on me. I never knew why though I always thought it made me look like a little old lady.

Quickly, I undressed and slipped on the heavy material of the dress on along with black pantyhose. Of course, I had on black heels because everything needed to match and be presentable for my mother.

Suddenly, the dorm room door opened and in came Rachel wearing a heavy black fur coat looking dreadfully cold. I look over at her and watched as her nose started to defrost.

"Well, you look nice. What's the special occasion? Or is it a date?" She asks with a warm smile.

"I wish, I have lunch with the Montgomery's" I groan trying to show my misery.

Rachel's eyes filled with pity. "You guys broke up such a long time ago your parents shouldn't make you guys have lunch with each other."

"If only my parents were that reasonable. But, Ryan's dad is partners with my dad in the firm I can't get off that easy" I sigh devastated.

Rachel sighs and plops down on her bed while reading her magazine not caring for a thing in the world. If only that could be me. As I looked at her magazine I noticed something. BOOTH was printed in bold letters on the top and a picture of Simon Booth who's a billionaire along with his son was on the cover.