Chapter 10

My mother brought us upstairs and showed me to my room. My queen size bed with dark maroon sheets were still placed on. My pearl white vanity, desk, and the doors to my walk in closet were all still here. It felt serial. Not that they were all still here, but the fact that I was back home.I looked around a bit and since almost half of my wardrobe was here because it couldn't possibly fit in my dorm closet, I didn't need an extra change of clothes. On the other hand, Douglas needed some. He couldn't possibly sleep in what he was wearing.

"I'll show Douglas to his room then" My mother says as she watches me step in more into my room but I stop myself.

"No, I'll show him" I say grabbing ahold of his arm.

My mother nods and leaves Douglas and me. I was frustrated and annoyed to the bone he would agree that we would spend the night here. I didn't want to stay here. I hated it here. But, why did he want to stay in this horrible place? Had he forgotten I knew his secret.

We continue to walk towards the guest room and without thinking I squeeze Douglas's arm.

"Why are you holding on to me so tight?" He asks me and I let go.

"So you know I'm annoyed by you" I say and open the door to the guest room.

"Wait... You squeezed my arm in order to let me know you're annoyed? Are you okay?" He asks me sarcastically.

Instead, I ignore his insult and go over to the door and close it so no one can hear. I let go of his arm and walk into the guest room and he follows. The room was simple, neat, and clean. Everything was in neutral colors: the bed sheets, the mirror frame and the door to the bathroom. A few accessories like the sail boat on the night stand was blue and the Bible that was also on the night stand was red. My parents were religious, but not so strict like the Montgomery's.

"Oh.. By 'annoyed' you mean frisky" He says with a little smirk and starts walking over towards me.

"No!" I yelled holding my hands up so he won't come near me.

I wasn't frisky whatever that meant, I was annoyed. He can't just waltz into my house and say things that I will do.

"You idiotic, man whore" I say with a sigh.

He frowns. "Okay, then what is it?"

"Why would you tell my mom we will stay the night? I don't want to stay" I question him.

"Maybe because she's your mum, Audrey. I thought you loved your mother? I thought that's what all kids did when they had a mother?" Douglas questions me.

"Yeah well I don't know how you treat your mom and I bet she's lovely, but my mom likes to control me... If you haven't noticed" I mumble to him.

He sits on the corner of the guest bed and I take a seat next to him. He shouldn't have said we would stay the night. He shouldn't have made me want to kiss him in the car either. I never knew he would make me feel so many emotions all at once. But, he definitely made me feel confused.

Most of all he was dangerous; the type of danger that made you feel like you needed more of it. Almost like an adrenaline rush. That was one of my greatest fears of all; luring into this dangerous path he had for himself.

"I know I should've asked you for your permission first, but I didn't think you would mind. You shouldn't be worrying so much-"

"You didn't even pack clothes and what time will we leave in the morning? I feel like this is not prepared well enough" I sigh annoyed by him.