chapter 4

Andys pov

Sitting in the barn, tracing my coffee mug, waiting for the end to this shift.

The team is all messing around laughing and joking whilst I'm just sitting staring at the clock on the wall.

Watching the seconds tick by, a second closer to running around the beach, building sandcastles, and holding Zay close to me.

I feel someone sit down beside me.

"Andrea, can we talk." Chills run down my spine.

As memories flash before my eyes.

//memory//

His arms tighten around my waist as we sit on my sofa, watching '13 going on 30'

He tucks his head into my neck.

"I love you, Andrea." He says, but it sounds muffled.

"I love you too, Robert." I say, as he pulls his head back, and I smack my lips against his own.

After a few moments, we break apart and lay back, I lay my head on his chest.

//end of memory///

"Herrera?" His voice brings me back out of the past.

From the past in which I loved him to the present in which I ahte him.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I ask. He sighs.

"I asked. Can we talk?" I nod.

"Fine, but I've only got -" I look at the clock on the wall, "-15 minutes." He nods, and we both walk to his office.

The team hadn't even noticed I had left, which I was greatfull for.

We walk to his office, I walk in first and take a seat on one of the two opposite his chair.

He closes the door and the blinds.

"Look, this isn't Captian and lieutenant talking. This is normal civilians." I nod as they walk to his seat.

He sits down, we sit and look at each other for a while.

"Where you ever going to tell me? Tell me that I had a son? Tell me I had someone running around who has my blood pumping through his veins? Or were you just going to keep being selfish and self-centered and never tell me." I roll my eyes as anger builds up within me.

"If I remeber clearly, I'm not the one who has a wife, who's wife sister was the one to tell you I was having an affair, I wasn't the one who told you I loved you then went home ti my wifeband whispred sweet bothings inti her ear. I WASN'T THE ONE WHO LEFT YOU BROKEN, that was you." I was now standing, and tears were rolling down my cheek.

"Andrea, im- " I cut him off.

"Don't say, I'm sorry, I know you don't mean it. I'll talk to you about zayden and work and that's it, no small talk to nothing, and when I diced its the right time to tell Zayden I will, but as of now, he's my only responsibility." I say before storming out of his office and heading straight to my car.

*

Robert's pov

I place the yellow tulips, Claires' favourites, down on top of her freshly cleans grave.

I sit down on top of the blanket I had with me.

It's been 7 years since she passed, I miss her. She was truly my best friend.

Shed died two years before me and I had met, Claires sister, however, hated that I was moving on. hated that I was bringing someone new into her nieces life.

Sophia Rose, my perfect 9 year old, the real reason i had to keep going after me having to leave  Andy, not just Andy but my son as well.

Soph and Andy never met, wed only been going out for 9 months, I didn't know if it was going to last, therefor didn't introduce them to each other, in fact i never told Andy about her either.

in hindsight I probably should have explained my situation to her, but I didn't, I wanted to pretend as if I was someone with nothing holding him back.

"Dad?" i turn around to see soph, hoping some daisy's, she walks over to me and sits down beside me.

"Do you think mommy misses me?" she asks, her bottom lip quivers and tears begging to build up in her big brown eyes.

I reach my arms around her and move her to my lap, she hides her face in my shirt.

"Prinzessin, I know she misses you so much, probably more than we miss her."i place a small kiss on top of her head, hearing her cry brakes my heart.

Sophia was only 2 when her mom passed, she doesn't remember much, but that doesn't mean she grieves any less.

After a few minutes, she stopped crying and I wiped her face with a baby wipe.

she put the daisy's beside the Tulips i had put down.

"I love you mommy." she whispered, my heart shattered even more, she should beable to say it to Claires face, not a grave stone.

This world is a horrible place, and i have two children running around in it.

////

Hey guys,

what do you think about Robert having another kid?

was it a shock or did you expect it?

Also love the idea that Robert is a girl dad, which is why i allways use girls as their child/children.

any way, its a shorter chapter, just wanted to introduce Sophia, but ill see you in the next one.

hope you guys have a great easter tommmorrow.