chapter 10

Robert's pov

It's been about 3 hrs since I got here, I haven't moved, not even when they took her off the ventalater half an hour ago, I hold her slender hand in mine.

The beeping the monitor, the sound of chatter , the squeak of the shoes as they walk past. It's the only thing keeping me from going absolutely mental.

I shouldn't feel this strongly for her any more, hell I shouldn't even be in here.

But I can't face my daughter or my son. If I do, I'll burst into tears.

"Robert." I hear her mumble, my head jults up.

"Andy." I breathed out a sigh. I wasn't aware I was holding.

"Do you want water?" She nods.

I helped her to sit up before grabbing the water they nurse left.

I passed it to her.

"Thank you." She says before touching the cup to her lips.

I take the cup once she's done.

"Why are you here?" She asked, clearly confused.

"I made a promise, Andrea." I reply before running a hand over her hand.

"MOMMY!" Zayden comes running in and jumps onto the bed where Andy is lying.

She wraps her arms around his tiny body.

I find myself sliding out of the room and heading towards my daughter.

****

I plop my keys into the dish by the front door, as Soph takes her shoes off.

"Dad?" I hum whilst hanging out coats up on the hook.

"What happened to Mommy?" I still, the small pink coat falls from my hand.

"What do you mean, sweetheart?" I say, still facing away.

"Miss Black, was talking about how dia de los Muertos was when you go and celebrate your past loved ones." I hum, leaning down to grab her coat.

"She also went into the topic on death and how a person passed away." I turn to face her.

"She told us that's when you die. Your heart stops working, so I was wondering what happened to Mommy for her heart to stop?" I place a hand on her shoulder.

"Come on, sweetheart." We both walk to the living room and sit down.

"When you were very little, your Mommy got into a car accident, you were in the car with her, she jumped into the back to stop you from getting hurt." Her little brown eyes go teary, I pull her in close.

"But you know what, mommy chose to protect you, sweet girl, and I'm ever so happy that she did." I place a kiss on the top of her head.

"I love you, Sophia." She looks up at me.

"I love you too, dad."

*****

Andys pov

I began running my hands through zaydens hair, and he fell asleep a little while ago.

My dad went to go get us something to eat, and the team went home for the day.

I want to call Robert, tell him to come back, let him meet zayden as his son and not his lieutenants son, I wish he stayed.

"Knock, knock." I hear vics voice coming from the door.

"How are you?" She says, a bag of doughnuts in one hand and coffee in the other.

"Fine, just frustrated." Her face turns into a frown.

"You and Warren will be back at the station in like 2 days." I shake my head.

"I know, but that's not why I'm frustrated, I'm frustrated because he left. He slipped out the room and just left." She slides into the seat beside my bed and lays the coffee and doughnuts down.

"Look, I think I need to tell you this, he came to the hospital with his daughter, and he had tears in his eyes watching Sophia and Zayden interact. When I asked to talk to him, he just nodded, didn't look like his brains were working at all. He was scared Andy, scared to loss you again, he sat by your bedside from the moment he pulled himself together to the moment you woke up, he kept muttering about a promise and how he should have told you sooner." I shake my head.

"He only sees me as his sons mom." I muttered."He doesn't love me anymore." Do I really believe this? No!

Am I going to fake to Vic that I do? Yes!

"Okay. Just know it's not just two hearts you'll shatter it will be 4." She says before siping her coffee and leaning back in the chair.

She's right, I was crushed for months after what happened.

/flashback/

I peel myself of my dad's sofa, I smell like shit, look like shit and my eyes are burning.

"You can do this, Andy." I tell myself before standing up and walking to the bathroom.

My heart dropped further and further towards my stomach with every step.

Why did he cheat on his wife? Why did he make me love him ? Why did he pretend to love me?

Another few tears roll down my cheeks causing me to retreat back to my hibernation spot and curling up into a ball, wrapped in his crew shirt.

It still smells of him.

With every sob came a new memory.

'Making heart shaped pizza' tears.

'Having movie nights where he says he doesn't like it but ends up loving it' more tears.

"Having salsa dancing nights' when more tears.

Until, I had cried so much my energy ran our an d I feel into a deep sleep, with a dream of me a Robert holding our 4 children inside a firestation where I'm captian.

/end of flashback/

"I know Vic, I'd rather he had a father than me dating him, zaydens heart is the most important thing to Me, I have to protect it."

******

What you think about it?