In the Nic of Time

Anti-Freedom Fighters HQ

Raze sat on the edge of the roof of their hideout, looking in the distance at the Freedom Fighters' tower. She heard a door open behind her as Thrax stepped onto the roof. "Here you are," the orange wolf said as she approached the green swallow. "We're just getting ready to go over Nic's plan. Care to join us?"

The swallow peeled her eyes off her target and looked over at the wolf. "I suppose."

Thrax watched the swallow get up before she led her back down to the bar's basement. Fiona and Nic were talking while Viper and her group were discussing something.

"Alright," Thrax said, getting their attention. "Found Raze. Nic?"

"Right," the weasel said as she stood up. "There's a building being built on the corner of West 129th Street and Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard. They tore down an investment company after it tanked and are turning it into a hotel with rooms designed for both humans and Mobians. And I wanna blow it up. All I could get are timed explosives so we'll have to set it with enough time for us to set them up and get out. Who wants to help?"

Fiona smirked. "I could go another round."

Raze nodded. "I could use some action."

Viper chuckled. "The three of us were getting bored sitting around."

"What about the Freedom Fighters?" Sam asked.

Fiona chuckled, almost demonically. "Most of them will be out for a while."

"Who didn't you mess up?" Thrax asked.

Fiona leaned back in her chair and sighed in thought. "Let's see... I stomped on Sonic's ankle, dislocated Knuckle's wrist, stabbed Silver and Bunnie... and I hospitalized Honey, so... they might send Sally, Jet, Tails... I guess Bunnie could make it. And, knowing Blaze, I bet she'd want another go." She paused. "Plus, that human," she added with disgust.

"The question is," Thrax started. "Do you want them to try and intervene?"

"Don't care either way," Nic said. "As long as that building comes down."

The orange wolf shrugged. "Alright. Get prepped. You move out tonight."

**********

Freedom Fighters HQ

Jason noticed Sally fiddling with a yellow device at the kitchen table. He walked over and sat down across from her. "What's that?"

Sally eyed him. "It's a portable computer my father gave me. He included in it an AI that was modeled after my grandmother, Nicole."

"Interesting."

"That's not all," Sally said as she hit a button on the device.