Unlikely Partnership

Anti-Freedom Fighters HQ

Fiona happily skipped down the stairs to the basement. "Guess what, bitches?!"

Nic was resting on the couch and looked over at her. "You seem in a better mood."

Viper smiled from the table. "I know why."

"Not because of the sex," Fiona said with a smile. "Because I was given the opportunity to massacre humans."

Thrax crossed her arms. "Do explain."

"Sally from the Freedom Fighters," Fiona began. "She came to me with a temporary partnership idea. She said I could tag along on their mission to take down a Mobian prison. And I have the green light to kill all the guards."

Viper leaned forward. "No shit. Really?"

"Mmm. And I can bring two others. So, V? Nic? How 'bout it?"

The weasel smirked. "Sounds interesting."

Thrax chuckled. "A Mobian prison? There's bound to be some there who despise humans. Maybe some will join us."

Fiona shrugged. "Maybe. I'm just down to murder humans."

Viper smiled. "So am I. I'm sick of our plans failing. This'll be a nice change of pace."

"It's settled," Thrax said with a smile. "Help them out. Secretly recruit."

**********

Freedom Fighters HQ

Jason leaned against the wall beside the window near the front door. The rest of his team was scattered around the lobby, watching the door. Whisper held her rifle and had a laptop carrying case sitting next to her. Everyone was silent, not sure what was going to happen. Jason peered out the window to see three figures approaching their building.

"Here they come," he said. "And, I recognize one of the other two... The hedgehog from the subway."

Blaze groaned. "And the third?"

"A weasel."

Bunnie went wide-eyed. "Weasel?" She asked. "I fought a weasel at the construction site."

"Well... this should be interesting," Jason said as he went to open the door, just as the trio arrived. The fox was the first at the door. "Fiona," he said as he stepped aside. "Please. Come in."

"Jason," she said, giving him a finger gun before she entered. All eyes were on her, especially Honey's. "Well, damn. If looks could kill." Viper and Nic followed in after her before Jason closed the door.

"So, who else is going?" Fiona asked. Knuckles, Silver, Sally, Bunnie, and Whisper all stood in a line in front of them. Fiona's eyes started on Sally, before she saw the wolf. "Ah, shit."

Nic looked at Bunnie. "Well, this is a twist."

Viper scanned the group before she looked over at Blaze. "That mean you're not going?"

Blaze narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms. "Just get to the roof so you can get this started."

"Whoa," Viper gasped mockingly, holding up her hands. "No need for hostility."

The six began to head over to the elevator as Sally and Whisper stood just outside. As the other four rode the elevator up, she waited as Fiona, Nic, and Viper joined her. As Fiona passed by Honey, she stopped and looked at the cat.

"Hey, again," she greeted with a smile. "You look better." She then gave her a wink before she continued her way to the elevator. "Princess."

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" Sally asked.