𝟎𝟑

╔══════════════════╗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

╔══════════════════╗𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

╚══════════════════╝

𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 the glade, casting a warm glow from the flickering campfire, the girl emerged from the homestead and wandered out into the crisp evening air. she admired how beautiful the glade looked as she approached a crowd of boys surrounding a huge pile of logs and sticks, they all were holding large sticks alight with flames.

she arrived at the group of boys and was approached by alby, who handed her an alight stick, she hesitantly took it from his grip as he strided back to his position. the girl placed herself in between two boys she hadn't met before as she glanced around nervously.

"alright, light it up boys!" albys voice called, earning an offended glare from the girl. "oh and girl." he quickly corrected himself, causing laughter to echo from the crowd. the circle of boys tossed their sticks into the pile, lighting it up immediately with a fierce flame. cheers erupted from the boys surrounding her, she backed away slightly to avoid getting knocked over by the rowdy crowd.

her eyes darted around the crowd before her gaze met a certain blonde boy, he stood next to alby a wide smile sat on his face as the two laughed together, a slight twinkle in his eyes. the girl found herself admiring the boy, almost forgetting her surroundings as she watched from afar.

she found herself wandering over to a fallen log not far from the flames, and placed herself down on it, her gaze drifting over the gathering of gladers surrounding the fire. some were engaged in lively conversation, while others simply lounged in comfortable silence.

the girl was broken out of her daze by a gentle hand being placed on her shoulder, causing her to jump slightly at the unexpected touch. she turned her head to the unknown presence behind her. "oh, hey." she smiled weakly up at the familiar face of newt.

"hey." he kept his lingering touch on the girl's shoulder as he climbed over the log, plopping himself down beside the girl. "so, how are you finding your first day?" he asked as he watched the girl intently, feeling rather intrigued by her.

"it was okay, i haven't really spoken to anyone." she mumbled as she gazed down at the floor, not knowing whether it was normal to feel so out of place.

"don't worry, i'll introduce you to everyone in a minute, but for now let's have some fun." a playful grin pulled on newt's lips as he handed her a glass jar.

the girl took the jar from his grip and peered into the unknown drink cautiously, it looked disgusting, but she didn't care. she brung the jar to her lips and took a large swig before immediately screwing her face up in pure disgust.