𝟐𝟎

୨⎯chapter twenty, not the plan

୨⎯chapter twenty, not the plan.⎯୧
⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍 as clint finished re-bandaging her wound that the new girl disturbed. she heard groans and mumbles from behind her, madelyn turned her head to see the suffering boy. she closed her eyes and swallowed hard, pushing the overwhelming feeling of her emotions back down.

"we're trying, but we don't know how to help." clint placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder as he noticed her gaze lingering on the distressed alby. "he's been like that since they brought him back. it's spreading more every minute."

"i told him not to." madelyn spoke her thoughts, running her hands through her hair. "i didn't want him or minho to go in, i wanted to wait for it all to die down. but they didn't listen."

clint handed her a cup of water. "it's not your fault, maddy, if that's what you're thinking."

madelyn took a sip of water and hesitated for a second before speaking again. "i'm not trying to blame myself but, i could have tried harder, i could have stopped them but i didn't." she lowered her gaze to her lap shamefully.

"don't stress yourself over it, what happened happened." he replied as he sat down beside her. "but you should also be nicer to the new girl."

madelyn raised her eyebrows and glanced over to the boy, she was starting to get annoyed with the boys defending the girl. "she stabbed me, slinthead."

"i know-"

"you'd forgive someone that stabbed you that easily?" madelyn questioned the boy as she took another sip of her water.

the boy sighed, shaking his head. "well, no-"

"exactly."

newt entered the med hut, stopping their debate. "how's my favourite girl doing, clint?" he asked, placing himself beside madelyn.
madelyn couldn't help a small smile twitching on her bruised lip at the presence of the boy. she used her hands to reach newts face planting a soft kiss on the boys now pink cheek. "i did my best to clean out the wound and stitch her up again. the one thing i couldn't fix was your girl's stubbornness."

"hey!" madelyn snapped, throwing a rag at the med-jack who dodged the hit.

a soft chuckle newts lips as his arms wrapped around her waist. "that's alright, mate. i'll work on that one myself."

madelyn wrapped her arms around his neck, mumbling into his ear. "shut up."

newt helped madelyn support herself as he instructed clint. "don't forget to tell the slicers to get checked once they're done."