𝟏𝟖

୨⎯chapter eighteen, nightmare

୨⎯chapter eighteen, nightmare.⎯୧
⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

"𝐎𝐇 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊!" 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐃 once they were face to face with the creature that they never thought they'd see. fear had frozen them in time as the two felt like their feet were glued to the floor, they couldn't move. the creature let out a small growl as it began to shake. minho and madelyn took a step back anticipating what was to come. madelyn brought her hands up to her ears as the griever let out one of the most terrifying sounds she had ever heard.

"minho." madelyn whispered under her breath. preparing to run on his command. she turned her head over to a frozen minho ready to accept his death, but she wasn't. "oh, c'mon!" the girl grabbed her friend's wrist pulling him as she yelled. "minho, run!"

she had to take over, minho seemed incapable of making any decisions especially when it came to their lives. the pair broke out in a sprint after hearing the growl of the deadly machine chasing them.

"snap out of it!" madelyn yelled as her legs began to have a mind of their own. she felt the need to keep holding onto him. she felt that if she let go, he'd stop running. "where do we go?!"

the pair ran down a straight path, many others were attached to it. minho finally seemed to snap out of his fear stricken trance and he let go of madelyn, glancing around for a possible route. "just follow me."

madelyn felt as if they had been running for hours as they turned endless left and rights, her legs began to give up on her but she kept pushing. she couldn't give up. not yet. as they rounded another corner, madelyn took a peek behind her, which she quickly regretted when she spotted a griever only a few feet away from her.

minho stayed in front, leading the way through the endless puzzle. madelyn's eyes widened with fear as they reached a dead end. "climb!"

"climb?!" madelyn yelled in disbelief but still continued to follow his instructions. she threw herself up the wall grabbing onto the ivy, beginning to aimlessly climb the large wall. she felt the ivy begin to wound her hands as she glanced down.

madelyn let out a scream as she noticed a grevier right below her, snapping its jaw at her feet. suddenly she felt a firm grip pull her upwards and she was soon right beside minho on top of the stone wall. he peered down the long drop, judging what to do next. "jump down!"

madelyn's eyes went wide in surprise at his instruction, turning back again to see the creature creeping further up the wall. "never mind!"

she took a deep breath as she gripped on to the ivy and began to swing herself down the wall. once she reached the floor again she noticed minho already running away.