𝟎𝟓

୨⎯chapter five, thoughts

୨⎯chapter five, thoughts.⎯୧
⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐄 next morning, sweat covering her forehead sticking her baby hairs to her face. the first thing she thought of as she sat up was the dream she had. it all felt so real, like it had happened before, the places, the people, it all felt too familiar to her but so out of reach. the girl pushed herself out of bed, forcing the rushing thoughts of the dream to the back of her mind. she swiftly changed into some cargos and a tank top, tying her hair into a messy ponytail. she made her way out of her room and out of the empty homestead.

she walked past the tables of boys, completely ignoring all the eyes on her, and made her way over to frypan who greeted her with his usual grin as he handed her a plate of bacon.

"thanks fry." she muttered through a yawn, still half asleep.

with her mind groggy, she made her way over to a table where minho and newt sat, temporarily forgetting the events of yesterday. she placed herself down beside newt as they were in the midst of conversation.

"ah, here is sleeping beauty!" minho beamed at her.

"good morning to you too." madelyn groaned as she scowled slightly at the boy.

"you okay, madelyn?" newt questioned the girl, his tone soothing as he examined her appearance. her hair was messier than usual and her under eyes darker.

madelyn nodded her heavy head. "yeah fine, just weird dreams." she reassured him as she began to eat her food, feeding her grumbling stomach as the thoughts of her dream began to push it's way back into her mind.

newt pursed his lips but shrugged and turned to minho, continuing their conversation.

suddenly the familiar booming sound of the doors opening echoed through the glade, madelyn lifted her head and peered over to the expanding hole in the walls in fascination. "gotta go, see you guys later." minho spoke as he began to jog over to the entrance.

madelyn sent minho a small smile before turning to newt, who was finishing his breakfast. "so." she started as placed her spoon down on her now empty plate. "what have i got in store for me today?"

a small chuckle left newts lips and he turned to face the girl. "track-hoes today with zart, then you will cook dinner with fry tonight, won't be so bad."

"sounds good, better than yesterday at least." madelyn spoke feeling slightly better knowing she wouldn't have to deal with any disgusting pigs.

"c'mon i'll take you over to the gardens." newt groaned as he rose from his seat, offering his hand to help madelyn up.

she took it gratefully and they began to make their way across the glade in the direction of the gardens. madelyn had to admit the glade did look beautiful in the mornings, it was so peaceful. this was only her third day but she was already starting to feel comfortable, but not accepting.