𝟏𝟑

୨⎯chapter thirteen, confessions

୨⎯chapter thirteen, confessions.⎯୧
⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐘𝐍𝐒 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 in the blazing fire as she thought about her life in the glade, her thoughts were more clouded than vivid as she finished her fourth jar of moonshine. she had began to like the drink, not because of the taste, but for the feeling it gave her. the feeling that nothing mattered, her mind was quiet. she had been laid down on a log on her own for the last ten minutes. the distant sound of pots and pans banging together rang in her ears and she looked up to see a few boys dancing around whilst the others made some kind of music with the utensils. the girls eyes scanned the crowd for the familiar blonde boy but he was nowhere to be seen, that's when she spotted gally. madelyn pushed herself up on her two feet, stumbling slightly as she made her way over to the boy who was in the midst of a conversation with alby.

"gally!" madelyn slurred the boy's name as she stumbled over to him, catching his attention the boy turned around. "gallio!"

gally took notice of the girl's intoxicated state. "you," he stood up and placed his arm around her shoulders. "need to sleep this off."

madelyn vigorously shook her head. "uh uh." she pointed her finger to the group of boys dancing. gallys eyes went wide when he realised what the girl was asking.

"no." he immediately stated.

madelyn pouted her lips and looked up at the tough boy who refused to show any form of softness in front of the rest of the boys. "c'mon! pretty please?"

gally glanced around to see if anyone was watching before wiping his face with his hand as he groaned. "fine. you have two minutes!"

"yay!" madelyn cheered like a little kid and grabbed his hand pulling him over to the bonfire. a small smile tugged on gallys lips as he let himself be dragged by the drunk girl. "twirl me!" gally chuckled using his hand to do as she said, twirling her in a few circles very clumsily.

"your a handful, mads." gally spoke down to the girl as she danced, the boy enjoyed watching her dance to the worst music ever created, it's like she didn't have a care in the world. the girl ran her hands through her hair, gallys heart beat faster as she let out a few giggles. he liked seeing the girl happy, it's what she deserved.

madelyn reached for his arms, attempting to stabilise herself. "i like you gally." she blurted out whilst slurring her words. gallys eyes widened and he felt his heart skip a few beats at the girl's statement.

madelyn quickly realised how what she just said sounded, she didn't mean it like that. gally would never like her like that, she swore gally only looked at her like a little sister and she saw him as an older brother figure, as she didn't know if she even had any siblings. it made her push those feelings for him away, even in her intoxicated state she covered it all up by adding, "as a best friend, i mean."