006: finding out about love

BACKYARD BOY — CLAIRE ROSINKRANZ
"You make me nervous"

EVAN (New person's perspective)
October 8. 1983

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(  ᶻ 𝗓 𐰁ᶻ 𝗓  𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝙳𝙰𝚈𝚂 𝙱𝙴𝙵𝙾𝚁𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃𝚈 ᶻ 𝗓 𐰁ᶻ 𝗓 )

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I opened my flashlight on to scare the nightmares away. And i heard my clock strikes 6 am. And yet i still i haven't sleep. Like the usual. My nightmare still on the lose. I wish that i moved out of this house. I hate this situation so much.

I lay down my back against the bed, sighing with a exhausting manner. I look at my window to see the sun coming up. I look at the ceiling. Wishing that i was gone to this world. But i brush it off. I'm probably overreacting.

I got out of my bed. My back hurts after all the events, and all the events made me have bruises. Who even started this nightmare things? I walk towards the door and slowly opened the door, i my little sister—Elizabeth, Walking out of her room.

She looked at me and smiles, waving towards me. I gave her a little nod back and we went downstairs. I saw dad making us breakfast. He noticed our presence and said. "Oh! Look who woke up!" Me and eli greeted dad as he gesture us to wait for him to finish cooking.

Me and eli went to the sofa, and we began to watch TV. It was a cartoon. It's about learning how to make friends and be social to others. Usually, i don't think of anyone with people while watching this. But now.

All i think about is ___, i want to know how to socialize with them.

Elizabeth glanced over at me while i was staring intently at the television. She wasn't used to me watching like this. So she knows something was up towards me. "Evan? Are you okay?" Elizabeth said, tilting her head. Wondering why I'm so focused on the tv.

I looked at her and shook my head once i was snapped back to reality. This made her even more suspicious. "are you sure you aren't hiding something from me?" Asked eli. As i shake my head no once again. This time, i wasn't looking anywhere but at the television. Making Elizabeth's suspicions increase.

Dad began to call us for breakfast—"kids! Breakfast is at the table!" Elizabeth stood up, ignoring what is going on to me and shouts. "Coming daddy!" She run off to eat. leaving me to focus on the television.

But as i was watching. Someone tried to scare me. It was micheal. "RAH!" He shouts. But his smirk turns upside down when i didn't flinch. It was unusual for me to not flinch. Micheals eyes looked at the television to see what i was watching. Which makes him laughs to see what it was. "Ha! You're Still watching that garbage? That's lame! For a lame loser like you!"

Elizabeth heard what micheal said and she stops him. "Can you stop bullying evan? Like, for once!?" Micheal turn to face Elizabeth and laughs, with a smug look on his face. "Aw.. look at that, Evan has a girl to defend" dad was staring at the two, with a tired look on his eyes. He was tired of dealing with this.

"micheal, if you keep continue to bully evan, you're grounded for a month!" Dad threatened him. Which made micheal rolls his eyes and click his tounge to make a 'tch' sound. "Whatever" Micheal mumbled under his breath. Walking upstairs of the room. Elizabeth looks at me. She was even more confused when I'm still paying attention to the television.