Chapter 3

~In the great hall~
Nobody's POV:

After the wedding ceremony, the reception was being held in the Great Hall. The Great Hall was filled with laughter and joy. Hiccup and Astrid sat in the chairs for the Chief and Chieftess.

Astrids POV:

I smile as I watch the village celebrate our marriage and a new beginning. Hiccup is talking with Eret and the rest of the gang is fighting over something ridiculous.

"Hey, that's my spoon!" Ruffnut shouted.
"Umm, no it's not. It was beside my bowl, so it's mine." Tuffnut added.
"You guys are so immature." Snoutlout added. Fishlegs just sat there in the middle between Tuffnut and Ruffnut. Poor fishlegs.

I turn my attention back over to hiccup. He looks tired, I can see his eyes fighting to stay open. I grab his hand.

"Are you that tired?" I laugh as he looks at me.

"Maybe, but it's nothing." Hiccup reassures me that he's fine. I smile and I just continue to enjoy the celebration.

--------------------------------

Hiccups POV:
I pretend to look tired so that Astrid didn't think I was sad. I tried to be happy in this moment but, all I could think about was toothless.

The day I let him go was pain, but not being able to see him for 2 months is torture. Letting go was one of the hardest things I had to do. I watched as the crowd dances around the big circle fire place.

As I'm watching the crowd, I hear a loud noise come from outside the Hall. The rest of the people heard this noise and made their focus towards the big doors.

I immediately stand up and grab Astrid and pull her in to protect her. The noise happened again.

"Hiccup, what is that noise?" Astrid was still pulled in close to me. I couldn't make out what was making that noise. The next I know, there was banging coming from the roof.

I look up at the roof of the Great Hall hoping it doesn't fall in. The banging happened again, but this time I heard a growl. I look around to see if anyone heard it, but it was so loud in here, I'm guessing I was the only one who heard.

Then I heard a growl again, but this time the growl sounded different and familiar. No.. It can't be. I let go of Astrid and run towards the doors.

"Hiccup! Where are you going!?" I heard Astrid voice behind me, but it faded as I ran closer to the door.

I opened the door, but there was nothing there. I thought I heard him... The crowd was silent just in case something was out there. I guess I was imagining. As I was about to close the doors, a faint shadow appears in front of me. I couldn't make out what it was, but the bright red half tail gave it away.

My heart dropped. My eyes began to fill with tears and my throat was burning because I was trying not to let out a loud sob.

"Toothless?" I said in soft voice, but it was loud enough that half the Hall heard. I heard gasps all behind me but my eye's didn't leave the figure in front of me. I could Astrid see in the corner of my eye start to walk towards me, but my mother stopped her.

"Let him be alone for this." My mother said.

The figure came closer and the light from the torches from outside revealed who it was.

It was him. My best bud.

I couldn't control my tears, they just fell nonstop. I heard talking behind me but my body didn't move to look behind me.

"Toothless.. Is it really you?" It was him, but I still questioned myself. Toothless looked at me with no reaction. It's like he almost forgot who I am. My face still looked the same, I didn't have a beard, not yet. He came closer and that's when my body decided to move back a few steps.

I could sense Astrids eye's staring at me.

Toothless became taller when he sat up. Our eyes locked and I attempted something i did when I first met him.

I reached out my hand to see if he would recognize me. I was scared that he had gone wild and he would take another body part of mine.

I kept my hand out and turned my head away from him like how I did when we first met. I could feel his breath on my hand as I was breathing heavily.

I was waiting for something to happen, when all the sudden I felt something on my hand. My breath was trembling and I turned around to see toothless's nose against my hand. My eyes widened.

Toothless's eyes opened and I saw the my best bud in his eyes. His pupils were big. My eyes were teary and I smiled. Toothless back away from my hand and began to dance and hop around me.

"I missed you too bud!" Toothless knocked me down and started to make circles around me. Next I know, I'm laying on the ground getting covered dragon saliva.

"Come on toothless! That doesn't wash out!" As  I stand up toothless is laughing. The crowd begins to laugh too. Astrid comes over to me and stands beside me.

"Hi, toothless." Astrid looks at toothless and smiles as she begins to pet him.

I hear roaring come from outside, and that's when I see StormFly. I turn to Astrid but she starts running before our eyes could meet.

"StormFly!!" Astrid didn't hesitate and ran to StormFly. I could see tears down her face. Astrid didn't let go of StormFly.

It looks like she was hurting too.

More roaring came from outside and that's when i realized everyones dragons were outside. Everyone was cheering and shouting as they ran to their dragons.

"Hooky!" Snoutlout yelled. "Oh how I missed you!"

"Meatluag!"  Fishlegs couldn't control his tears.

"Barf, Belch!" The twins ran to their two headed dragon.

"Oh, CloudJumper. I've missed you." My mom hugs her dragon and I just start smiling. I guess my wish came true.

Toothless comes up from behind and nudges me. He purrs and then looks at the sky. He looks back and smiles. I smile back at him.

It's been a while since I've been flying. Astrid and the gang are behind me as we fly.

"Oh, how I missed this so much!" Tuffnut yells.

"Yea, brings back memories of us doing missions. The good old days." Ruffnut adds.

"What do you say? Are you up for racing hiccup?" Astrid ask.

"Yea! Let's race!" Snoutlout yells.

Toothless looks at me and I knew he wanted to race also. I couldn't resist.

"Last one back to Berk has to clean up the dinner mess in the Great Hall."

"Yea, I'm not cleaning up the mess. It's on!" Tuffnut says.

"Let's go!" Fishlegs adds.

"You ready Toothless?" I look at Toothless and he purrs. We then ride off into the night. Being up here calms me for some reason.

And just like that, my wedding day became one of the best days ever. I got 2 gifts. I married Astrid and Toothless came back to visit me on this very special day. The best day I could ever ask for.

*WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT HICCUPS WEDDING GIFT? 🤭🥺 AGAIN.. SORRY FOR THE LONG CHAPTER. PLEASE SHARE THIS STORY*