Chapter 8

(2 days later)

Hiccups POV:

"Tuffnut, what are you and Snoutlout fighting about now?"

I was enjoying my morning walk through the town, until these two muttonheads came up to me and started yelling in my face?

"Well H, this guy right here was saying how he could run faster than me. I doubt he's faster than me."

I look at the both of them and I thought to myself how I know these two.

"Tuffnut, gonna be honest that is the stupidest thing you two could fight about."

"Well, we all know I'm faster." Snoutlout said.

"Correction, I'm faster." Tuffnut snapped back

"Oh gods.. "I thought to myself.
-----------
I finished my walk through the town and solved the fight between the muttonheads.

I walked up the steps to my house and I entered. I looked for Astrid hoping she was home.

"Astrid?" I called out her name.

No reply. Then all the sudden I hear noises upstairs.

"I'll be down in second Hiccup!" Astrid yelled from upstairs.

Few minutes later, Astrid comes down the stairs, but she doesn't look like herself.

Her skin is pale and she looks exhausted. I get out of the chair and walk over to her.

"Astrid, are you ok honey?" I asked her. I cupped her cheek with my hand.

"Yea, I think I just have leftover sea sickness." She said.

"How long has this been going on?" I asked her.

"3 days ago." Astrid couldn't look at when she said it.

"Why didn't you tell me? Astrid, we promised to not keep secrets anymore." I lifted Astrids chin so that she was looking at me. Her blue eyes met mine.

"It's not big of deal. It's not like I have the Scourge of Odin like that one time when we were 18. This is simple." Astrid started walking away from me as she finished her sentence.

"I swear, I'll be-" Before Astrid could finish her sentence, I see her loose balance and begin to fall.

"ASTRID!" I run over to her as fast as I can before she hits her head on the floor.

I catch her before she hits the floor. Thankfully she's not passing out.

"Astrid are you ok?" I keep her cradled in my arms.

"Yea, I was just feeling dizzy. I'll be fine. I just need to lie down for a bit." Astrid tries to get up but she stumbles.

"Here, I got it." I pick up Astrid in a bridal way and carry her up the stairs. When we reach the bedroom, I lay her down on the bed and make her comfortable.

"When you feel better, make sure you go see Gothi." I brushed the hair off her face and smile.

"I promise." Astrid smiles back at me. I start to walk away before Astrid sits up and grabs my hand. I look behind me and Astrid looks sad

"I'm sorry Hiccup for not telling you. You're right, we shouldn't keep secrets anymore now that we're married." Astrid still looks sad. I kneel down beside the bed and cup her face.

"I'm sorry for getting upset with you. Just promise me that you'll tell me something, even if it doesn't involve me. I'm here for you Astrid and I'll always be here for you." I smile Astrid as she smiles back.

I kiss her on the forehead and allow her to lay back down to get some rest.

I close the door to our bedroom and descend the stairs.

My mind couldn't let go of the fact of Astrid feeling this sick. I shudder at the memories of Astrid having the Scourge of Odin when we you just teenagers. I almost lost her that time. I can't loose her. I let go of that thought and continue on with my day.