Who is She?

After that day, the days began to go by smoother. I hadn't seen Obi since the incident with the horses however. My guess was, the Prince had him guarding Shirayuki or had him sent on some other such business. I also hadn't seen Shirayuki for a few days. Either way, by this point I had finished reading my book, now all I had was Cinder. Garrack had asked to read my journal a bit, so I couldn't take notes on anything either. Then, I heard a knock at the door, it was Garrack here to change my bandages again.

Garrack: "Hey Hanaki, you know the drill." She said, me sitting up, noting how much the pain has gone down.

She sat beside me on the bed, undoing my bandages. I looked over at her, spotting the small smile on her face.

Garrack: "Well, would you look at that, it's almost done healing." She said, grabbing the medicine to place on it, then finally bandaging it again. "You should be able to walk around today, just no crazy jumping alright?" She said, me nodding in response.

When she got up to leave, she quickly turned around again.

Garrack: "Oh right, I almost completely forgot. Now that you're able to walk again, his highness Prince Izana wanted to see you." She said, me nodding, slightly nervous and intrigued. "After I was done reading your journal, his majesty came to by to read it too. I heard from everyone in the castle that he really enjoyed it." She said, causing me a bit of surprise, before quickly settling down.

Hanaki: "You mean Prince Zen right?" I asked, seeing her shake her head.

Garrack: "No, it was actually Prince Izana. Apparently, after he heard about what you did with the horses, he grew more interested in your work." She said, me growing slightly shocked and concerned. "He said he will come by to meet you in an hour, but since you're able enough to walk around, I'll let the royal guard know you can go yourself." She said, me nodding at her, before she left out the door.

After she shut it, I felt extremely nervous.

Why does he want to see me? What if things go horribly wrong? What if he takes Cinder away?

As questions darted through my head, I heard someone knock on my door again. It opened, revealing two palace guards waiting patiently for me. One had brown hair and looked relatively like every palace guard. The other had blonde hair and looked rather excited.

???: "Good day Miss Hanaki, we were told you were ready to be taken to see his majesty." He said, me nodding at him, before getting up.

Cinder also got up, happily wagging his tail.

Hanaki: "If you don't mind me asking, what are your names?" I said, seeing the guards look confusedly at each other, while I grabbed my bag.

Shiira: "I am one of the royal guards known as Shiira, this is my fellow guard Kai." He said, gesturing to the blonde male guard nearby. "Together, the two of us normally guard the Poet's Gate, but we were asked if we would possibly be available during this time. When we said yes, his majesty granted us an extra day off in exchange for this favor." He said, closing the door behind us, Cinder keeping close by me.

It's ironic that this guy is named Kai. I have a feeling Izana did this on purpose...

Kai: "So it is true, a girl with different colored eyes is in the palace. I thought those were just some crazy rumors." I heard the blonde guard say, resisting the urge to roll my eyes, the brunette guard elbowing him.

They escorted me and Cinder to Prince Izana's office, allowing me to enter as I arrived. I was greeted by Prince Izana, giving him a curtsy as most women should do.

Hanaki: "Good morning your highness, what may be the reason I've been brought here, if I'm inclined to ask?" I said, hearing him speak to me, his face still reading my journal.