Final Day of Rest

Hanaki's POV:

The guards followed me over to a nearby bathing area, where I planned to wash off, unsure what to do about the bandage. I took off my bandage, deciding a rinse might help my body heal properly. The guards waited nearby, deciding that entering the ladies bath place was a terrible idea. It was so quiet and peaceful in there.

I know it's been a while, but I'm curious now. I did manage to hum in the stable, but I still have no idea if my voice is any good anymore.

I took in a deep breath, forgetting about the soldiers waiting outside.

Hanaki: "La la la~." I stared up in slight shock, covering my mouth, as if trying to catch the voice that escaped it.

I-I haven't properly sung since my family passed away. I...I sound just like... like mom..

I gently hummed a bit as I continued to bathe.

At least I'm alone in here...

I continued to loudly hum the song, unable to hear a single thing. After I was done in the facility, I realized I didn't have any bandages to recover the area on my side.

Well isn't this just great. Please don't let the Chief Herbalist kill me...

I thought to myself, deciding I'd just have to head back to the hospital wing to get it remade. I grabbed my other clothes out of my bag, tossing the ones I used today in the bag as instructed to do by the soldiers now that I was done. As I approached the door, I heard the soldiers talking to someone.

Obi: "I apologize, but I have strict orders from his majesty that I have to keep an eye on Miss Hanaki." I heard him say, feeling my heart thump lightly in my chest.

Shiira: "You can wait out here like the rest of us must do, Obi." I heard him say, me hearing the subtle drips of water in the background.

I don't normally do this, so please forgive me for this joke I'm about to play.

I walked back over to the water, deciding to see if I could hear Obi's reaction to my singing.

Hanaki: "When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful~. Every hour spent together lives within my heart. And when I was sad, he was there to dry my tears, and when I was happy so was he. When heee~ loved, meeeee~" I heard my voice echo in the bathroom, gently lifting my arm from the water to make it seem like I got out, before quietly walking over to press my ear to the door.

Kai: "She sounds so beautiful when she sings." I heard one of the guards say, hearing silence from Obi. "I might have to ask her on a date one of these days." I heard him say, making me stifle my embarrassed screech.

I then overheard one of the guards screech in fright slightly, before he stopped quickly.

Obi: "I suggest you respect Miss Hanaki, before I tell Lord Haruka." He said, me backing away from the door to grab the bags.

I took the bag of clothes, my bag, and the temporary sandals I had been given before leaving the bathroom. Deciding to hum on my way out, mostly to see if I could get another reaction.

Hanaki: "I'm done, now though I have to get back and-" I stopped, seeing Obi lean against the wall, the guards having vanished. "Uh, where did the guards go?" I asked him, seeing him smile innocently at me.

Obi: "They said Prince Izana was expecting them, and that I had to take over to take you back." He said to me, a small smile appearing on my face. "I was meaning to ask Miss Hanaki, what was it you were being tested on?" He asked, me confusedly walking beside him as we made our way back to the medical wing.