Chapter 3

❇️ Time Skip: 5 years

Jungkook and Namseok are now five years old. Their parents make sure that the two kids grow closer to each other. They arrange playdates every weekend for Jungkook and Namseok.

Namseok enjoys playing and meeting Jungkook. But the little alpha absolutely abhors it. He doesn't like the little omega's bubble gum scent. It makes him and his wolf gag.

Jungkook constantly complains to his parents. He asks them if he could skip the playdates with Namseok and play with other children instead. His parents refuse, telling him that he and Namseok need to be closed with each other. Little Jungkook is frustrated and often throws a tantrum. His parents would soothe him by buying his favorite strawberry vanilla ice cream.

On one of their weekend playdates at their house, little Jungkook loses his temper because Namseok keeps on hugging him

On one of their weekend playdates at their house, little Jungkook loses his temper because Namseok keeps on hugging him. The omega's bubble gum scent rubs on his skin.

The little alpha pushes Namseok and leaves to take a bath. He badly wants to wash the nauseating scent of Namseok from his skin.

The little omega loudly wails that alarms Seokjin. He hurriedly approaches Namseok and asks what happened. Namseok sobs as he tells Seokjin that Jungkook pushed him while they were playing.

Jungwon hears what his son did to his future mate. He is ashamed of his son's behavior. He apologizes and tells Seokjin that he's going to scold Jungkook.

Seokjin tries to pacify Namseok by promising to buy him a new bicycle. The little omega stops crying and hugs Seokjin. There it is again, every time Namseok hugs him it feels like he is hugged by a stranger.

Jungwon searches for his son. He finds Jungkook in his room and is newly showered. He walks towards his son who is seated at the edge of his bed wiping his wet raven locks with a towel.

"Kookie, why did you push Namseok? Do you know it's bad to hurt someone especially your future groom?" Jungwon spoke softly as he doesn't want to startle his son.

"What is broom, papa?" Jungkook asked, his round orbs gazed at Jungwon.

"Groom not broom. It means that Namseok is going to be your husband and mate when you grow up." Jungwon tried to explain to the little boy.

"No! Namseok will not be my broom. Me and my wolf don't like his scent. I pushed him because he keeps on clinging to me and his irritating scent is sticking on my skin. I hate it. I hate him!" The alpha stomped and ran out of his room.

Jungwon frustratedly rubs his face. Maybe his son is too young to recognize that Namseok is his mate. Yes, that's right, when they reach the right age, his alpha son will accept Namseok, after all they are fated.

Taehyung sits on the porch of their house. He hasn't eaten lunch yet. There's no food in their house and his eomma is still asleep. He is terrified to wake her up because she will hit him again. So, he just bears his hunger and waits for his uncle Hojin to bring him food.