Chapter 7

Saturday, it's Namseok's fifth birthday. The Kims are busy preparing a grand party for whom they thought their only son. The mansion's yard is beautifully decorated with a fairy themed birthday party. It is illuminated with countless fairy lights and dazzling chandeliers. At the center is a disco ball that creates a mesmerizing display of shiny light and color to the venue. A fancy feast is laid on a long table for the guests. Tree stump seats for children are placed around the table. Fresh flowers and various mushroom sculptures adorned the venue. There is also a throne-like chair in front where the celebrant will sit.

 There is also a throne-like chair in front where the celebrant will sit

Namseok is excited for his birthday and for the arrival of the Jeons. He can't wait to introduce Jungkook to his other friends. He's sure they will envy him for having rich parents and a handsome future mate. He wears the birthday clothes that his papa bought from Ralph Lauren Childrenswear. He wants to look pretty for Jungkook. Ever since their parents told them that they are mates, Namseok is dead set on marrying Jungkook when they become adults.

                     ☕

Taehyung is inside his and Hojin's room. Today is his birthday and his uncle promised that they will go to an ice cream place to celebrate. They will fetch Jungkook from the children's playground before they head to the ice cream place. He feels giddy at the thought of seeing Kookie again. He hurriedly changes his clothes and fixes his hair.

Hojin is waiting for Taehyung in the living room when Yujin approaches him. "Where are you going, oppa? Don't you have work today?" She asked.

"It's Taetae's birthday so I didn't go to work. I will treat him to ice cream. Do you want to come with us?"

Yujin made a sour face. "Why would I celebrate that brat's birthday? He's not my real s-"

Hojin snarls at her. "Don't, don't finish your sentence or I swear if Taetae hears you, I will throw you out of this house! Just say no and go, there's no need to ruin that poor boy's special day."

Yujin scoffs. "Whatever, I don't care about that boy! He's a waste of space in this house."

"Yujin, shut your mouth!" Hojin was fuming in anger. Yujin ignored him and left for her room.

Taehyung overheard their argument as he walked to the living room. "Uncle, are you and eomma fighting again? Is it because of me? Why does eomma hate me so much? She didn't even greet me on my birthday." The little omega tears up as he darts his gaze at Yujin's room.

"Shhh, don't cry. It's your birthday. You should smile. Don't mind your eomma. Let's go, your Kookie must be waiting for you already." Hojin gently wipes Taehyung's tears with his thumb.

                                       ☕

The Jeons arrived at the Kim's mansion. Jungwon turns his head to his son. "Kookie, did you bring your gift for Namseok, the jewelry box that I gave you last week?"