Chapter 10

December 30th, Taehyung's 19th birthday. Every year since the last time he saw Kookie, he stopped by the playground hoping the alpha would be there waiting for him only to come home dejected and heartbroken.

He sits on the bench, the one he and Kookie used to sit when they were five. He turns his gaze at the children laughing and playing just like him and Kookie when they were kids. He wipes the tears that are starting to stream down his face. He holds the heart locket necklace Jungkook gifted him. It has become his solace every time he misses the alpha.

He feels a gentle pat on his shoulder and a subtle calming tangerine scent wafts around him. The person sits with him on the bench.

"I know I'll find you here. Happy birthday, Tae. Are you crying again? Why are you doing this to yourself? There are others that love you." 'I love you' he wanted to say but held it in. The omega only sees him as a friend, an older brother not a lover. And it breaks his heart every time the omega weeps for a person who vanished into thin air. "You can't wait for him forever. What if he's mated already? What will you do?"

"Yoongi hyung, what are you doing here? Don't you have classes today? You're about to graduate, you shouldn't skip your classes

"Yoongi hyung, what are you doing here? Don't you have classes today? You're about to graduate, you shouldn't skip your classes." Taehyung asked while trying to evade Yoongi's questions. He doesn't want to think about it. Kookie told him to wait and he'll find him. He will hold on to that even if sometimes the longing is too much to bear, he will wait for him.

"School can wait, but my Tae's birthday won't. It's just once a year and I can't miss it. I brought my guitar because I want to dedicate a very special chart-topping song for you." Yoongi's gummy smile on full display as he fondly looks at the beautiful omega who he cherishes since they were kids.

"Oh really? I can't wait to hear that chart-topping song, it must be really special. Is it one of the BTS hit songs like Dynamite? Let me hear it, I'm so excited." Taehyung giggled, forgetting his sadness for a moment. His hyung somehow eases the pain and longing caused by Jungkook's absence. He's grateful to Yoongi for not leaving his side and always cheering him up. "What's the title of the hit song you're going to sing for me?"

"Oh very special, I'm sure you're gonna love it. The title is-Happy Birthday To You." And Yoongi plays his guitar as he sings.

Taehyung's mouth gapes, then lightly slaps his hyung's arm when he realizes that he pranked him. Yoongi is smiling as he continues to sing happy birthday to him.

Taehyung leans his head on Yoongi's shoulder as he listens to his melodious voice. When he finished singing, Yoongi offered his hand to Taehyung. Taehyung held it and Yoongi pulled him from the bench. "Let's go, I'm treating you for lunch."

"But it's my birthday, I should be the one treating you." Taehyung complained while grinning at him.

"Is there a rule that only the celebrant could treat the guest? Let's go, I'm famished, my tummy is already revolting." Yoongi entwined his hand with Taehyung's as they walked out of the playground.