The corruption of life

note to self and also probably readers hi: The 4 houses are Fern, sage, lotus and thistle.

oh I'll list the people in the houses because they come more into play.

Fern (Spirit) : Oli, Pix, Grian, Joel

Sage (Honour): Gem, Fwhip, False, Katherine

Lotus (Respect) : Shelby, Sausage, Jimmy, Scar (elite squad tbh i'd pay for an mcc with them as a team)

Thistle (Confidence) : Joey, Xornoth, Scott, Lizzie, 

TW: skulk and fainting

-Grian-

Grian nudged Gem. She was talking to Katherine about the weird clique they had. He rolled his eyes. The hermits could get along fine, so why did they need these annoying wars?

She turned around. 'Grian, what?' She snapped as Grian began to chow down on his brownie.

'Ddjidia no'is arnifink witv cru'bs?' He said, mouth full.

'What?' She asked, confused as she faced him, charts about moon detention rates forgotten.

He swallowed the brownie and chased it down with some fanta. 'Did you notice anything with Cub?' He asked. 'Oh and also the Sage vs Thistle house History quiz is about to start.'

He watched her say a hasty goodbye to Katherine before running down the corridoors.

Of course there WAS a history quiz, but he'd only reminded her so he could go investigate about cub.

He snuck down the corridoors, Mumbo, Sausage, Fwhip and Scar behind him.

'Guys, I think this is a bad idea.' Mumbo whispered.

'Nonsense! We're gonna find what's happening and all have an empanada festival!' Sausage exclaimed.

They reached Cub's locker and Fwhip took about 6 minutes to lockpick it, whilst the rest of them stood guard.

They swung open the locker.

Inside was large boxes of black substance, solid but not fully solid, wriggling and squirming like many snakes, blue dots on it fading and flashing like neon lights. Blue lanterns illuminated the otherwise dark locker.

The five screamed and ran, their footsteps echoing down the otherwise empty corridor.

---

'What. Was. That.' Fwhip wheezed as they ran into the boys' toilets.

'I-I don't know.' Grian panted. 'I thought he was, like harbouring a hamster or something!''

'That didn't look like any type of hamster!' Fwhip said loudly.

They caught their breath, then as soon as they did heard a siren. It was the emergency lockdown siren.

'Fuck.' Fwhip said as they threw open the door of the boys' toilets and ran to the field.

-Headmaster-

'Pfff. Skulk? How pitiful. That stuff hasn't been seen for a thousand years. And yet, you were convinced you were always right.' Mr Smith cackled, a high pitched and putrid sound.

The Principal put their hands flat on the table, displaying an old silver ring on their ring finger, speckled with grime.

Mr Smith grabbed the Headmaster's hand, scanning the ring with evil, greedy eyes. 'Does Aux-Cybos not offer any cleaning service whatsoever?' He slid the ring off the head's finger, pocketing it, fingers constantly moving, as if to pilfer another object.

The town of Aux-Cybos had only ever seen the headmaster angry three times.

Once when someone nearly hit Mertha with a truck.

Once when someone had tried to explode half the school.

And once when a group of students had almost killed another student.

'You. You give that back right now.' The Principal said.

Mr. Smith smiled. 'Nope.'

The headmaster summoned a purple hand made of magic, yanking the ring off his finger with such force he toppled out a nearby 1st-floor window.

They slammed the window shut and clasped their hands together.

Mertha entered the room.

'Why thank you Mertha.' They took the papers from Mertha's back and got to writing more forms.

---

-Shubble-

She was shaking.

Shit.

Shit.

The skulk. She could've prevented this. The fog around her house was what started it. She'd seen cub snooping around, talked to him and let him do this. 

He was in the hospital.

She saw everyone lined up on the field, and tried to run, but her legs wouldn't. She sat down. 

Deep breaths. Holy shit. How do you breathe?

She sat there as the world spun around her, skulk all around the science corridor.

She clutched the sleeves of her sweater. 

Shit.

She woke up. She was in a bed. Someone was leaning over her.

'Where am I?' She asked, her voice sounding odd.

'You're in the nurse's office.' Mr. Za informed her. 'That was dangerous. There was skulk everywhere. You could've died!'

He chewed her out for another couple of minutes before letting her go home.