Home (a place where I can go)

TW: mention of previous self harm, flashbacks, maniplulation, skulk and demons :3

---

Shelby arrived at her house. There was dew everywhere, white windows framing the olive-green wood and oak porch of the small bungalow. It was quiet and peaceful. Her shoes made a crunch on the gravel as she walked up to the house, opened the door with her key, said hi to her grandma and ran upstairs into her attic-bedroom, where she collapsed on her bed and slept.

She woke up in the forest near her grandma's house. The Evermoore, some called it. She was alone, in the dark. The mangrove trees swayed around her as she lifted her phone. No signal. She was still in her pyjamas, but somehow had her shoes on. She stepped into the solid but squelchy mud as she kept going.

A giant shape loomed above her.

It was a mushroom.

There was a circle of what looked like giant, dead mushrooms and plant life, encircling a pit. A pit of voices, calling out to her on some spiritual level.

A shiny black stone caught her eye. She pulled away a layer of vines to reveal a portal.

Images flashed before her eyes. A demon, mushroom lands, a searing pain threatened to split her brain in two.

Her breath quickened as one message stood out.

'Don't trust the Rivendell demon.'

She ran out of the forest as fast as she could, stumbling over plant life as her head throbbed.

She closed her bedroom door and sat on her bed with a sigh, contemplating life.

She barely remembered her parents anymore, only that they'd shipped her to Imperiya high because they didn't want her.

They lived in a high-end witch city with many famous and rich magic users across the land. She definitely would not have fit in there.

Or would you have?

WHO ARE YOU? She asked her mind.

Why, I am powerful. I can make you the best witch in the lands.

No. No, no, no, no, no. You sound like those online scams. I-

Just let me take control.

No. Please. Shut up. 

Let us take over. Let us take over. Let us take over. Let us take ove-

She cried out. 'PLEASE SHUT UP!' 

She grabbed her pillow and buried her head in it, flopping onto her bed. She reached to her bedside table for her phone, but a white-hot streak of pain shot up her arm, leaving yellow spots dancing in her eyes. She grimanced and reached for her phone, texting Scott.

Fruity Scoot

                                                  [Scott can you pls cover my shift]

                                                                                           {read 5:21}

[Are you finally going on a date]

{read 5:21}

                                                                       [no u doofus im sick]

                                                                                           {read 5:21}

[Then just call in sick]

{read 5:22}

               [it hurts to fucking type how am I supposed to C A L L someone] 

                                                                                             {read 5:22}

[i'll tell owen + moon ur sick]

[get well soon!!]

{read 5:22}

She put down her phone, her arm aching as she hobbled to the bathroom.

Amongst old scars, was a writhing black turqoise spotted patch, pulseating and squirming.

'What the fuck...' She breathed.

---

so we havin some deeeemooon issues and some skulkkkkk and some angstttttttttttt

yeah :)