Chapter 54 | Helping the Demon

❀Feeding on souls and sowing chaos— Twisted tangle❀

Feeding on souls and sowing chaos— Twisted tangle

🌹•Chapter Fifty-Four•🌹

The atmosphere in the headquarters grew tense as everyone felt the weight of the mafia king's dark gaze. It was a gaze filled with anger, wrath, and an underlying sense of danger. After months of absence, Jungkook had finally returned, and this meeting marked his first appearance.

Jungkook had made a conscious decision not to step foot in the headquarters until Y/N was discharged from the hospital. He wanted to ensure the health and well-being of his wife and child before immersing himself in the affairs of the mafia.

Prior to his return, Taehyung had taken charge of the king's personal matters within the mafia. However, now that Jungkook had resumed his position, the responsibility shifted back to him. He sat at the head of the conference table, his gaze fierce and piercing as he observed Taehyung, Yoongi, Jimin, and Hoseok seated alongside him.

The rest of his men stood nearby, their heads hung low in a mix of shame and fear. They were well aware that one misstep could cost them their lives, just like the guards who had failed in their duty to protect Jihun. The consequences of failure under the watchful eye of Jeon Jungkook were severe, and thus, the men lived in a constant state of fear, knowing the wrath they could face if they disappointed their king.

The enormous conference room was enveloped in a long, awkward silence, broken only by the deep, dull voice of Jungkook. The question hung heavy in the air: "Any signs of Jihun?" It had been two months since Jihun had managed to escape from Black Iris, and yet, no one had been able to locate him.

Jungkook couldn't help but wonder if Jihun was exceptionally cunning, or if his own men simply lacked the necessary intelligence. Regardless, he was determined not to lose this battle against Jihun.

"I fucking asked something!" he hissed, his frustration seeping through his words when no one answered his question.

The room remained silent, and all eyes turned to Taehyung, hoping for him to provide some answers.

"There is none," Taehyung finally spoke up, his voice slightly shaky as he cleared his throat and licked his lips nervously. "You know I tried my best to search for him, utilizing all of my hacking skills, but Jihun has managed to evade our efforts."

"It seems like Jihun has simply vanished into thin air. Nobody has been able to find him," Yoongi chimed in, his tone serious and filled with frustration.

"Maybe he's dead. Given his condition, with all the torture we did on him, it's unlikely he could have survived, his legs were nearly broken," Jimin added, folding his arms and sharing his thoughts.