Chapter Eleven

3rd p.o.v.

It's opening day. Willy stands by the doors of his brand-new shop, clothes all cleaned and repaired, and greets the unsuspecting public.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Greetings to you all, and welcome to Wonka's! Tremendous things are in store, both literally and metaphorically!"

An older man stops, confused, and peers past Willy to the darkness beyond the doors. "What? In there?"

A familiar glint appears in Mr. Wonka's eye. "Humor me."

Close your eyes,

And count to ten.

Make a wish!

Now open them!

The man reluctantly does so, and the store front transforms in front of his very eyes. The newspaper blinds rise to reveal jars and jars of different kinds of chocolate. A sign made of long bars of chocolate slides into position above the door and displays the name 'Wonka' beautifully.

Here's a store that's like no other!

If it were,

I wouldn't bother!

Willy hooks his arm with the mans and leads him a couple steps into the store, then stops abruptly in the doorway.

Chocolate bushes, 

Chocolate trees,

Chocolate flowers,

And chocolate bees.

As Willy mentions each of these treats in turn, one of the wash house workers produces an example. Willy takes the chocolate flower and hands it to the man accompanying him, and he takes a bite as he gets led further into the dark shop.

Chocolate memories, 

That a boy once saved,

Before they melted away...

He lights a match and puts it to the chandelier hanging in front of him. Abacus signals the others, and they pull on the rope to lift the chandelier up to the ceiling and all the lights in the building come on, revealing an enchanted land made of chocolate and candy. A lush green meadow of chocolate grass is studded with chocolate flowers and colorful toadstools made of icing. 

In the center of the meadow in an enormous tree that stretches up past the second floor, its trunk carved from solid dark chocolate, it's roots dipping into a chocolate river flowing through the store. Now a small barge made completely of chocolate appears sailing along the river.

A world of your own, 

A place to escape to.

A world of your own, 

Where you can be free.

Wherever you go,

Wherever life takes you,

This is your home.

A world of your own.