𝟏𝟏

╔══════════════════╗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

╔══════════════════╗𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

╚══════════════════╝

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀 month since madelyn arrived in the glade, a whole month since her life was flipped upside down. it's hard to believe she'd been here for that long already, time felt like it was slipping through her fingers whilst she was here. she remembered coming up in the box, a scared girl surrounded by forty boys. when she thought back to it she would've never imagined she'd be where she is now, it amazed her how much could change in just a month's time. madelyn had finally found her place in the glade, she was no longer the greenie girl she was now the glader girl. the boys now thought of her as one of them, like a mother figure, someone too make sure they were okay and keeping themselves well-fed and rested. when someone needed cheering up, they would come to madelyn, she would stop everything she was doing to console them. even though the boys thought the girl was a bitch sometimes, they knew she kept the glade together.

madelyn had found comfort in her new friendships, newt especially. something about him made her feel different to when she was around the other boys. they spent most of their days together just talking, madelyn learned the things he did when he was upset, he would sigh and rub his eyes with his palms. when he was angry he would clench his jaw and spread out his hands. when he was happy he would smile and not stop talking. the girl enjoyed finding more things out about him, it was like collecting small distant memories. she learnt the things he wanted to do when they got out of here, he told her he wanted to live by a beach, he said that was one thing he could faintly remember, he liked to hold onto that memory for a small bit of hope. on the nights the two couldn't sleep they would sit under their tree and talk for hours on end as they watched the glade, but most of the time she ended up watching him.

madelyn still continued to have her weird dreams, every time she had one it felt more and more familiar, like an itch at the back of her brain. every time she had one she would tell newt about it and he would always be there to listen to her. madelyn admired the boy a lot, he always put others before himself and would always make sure she was okay before anything else.

gally, minho and chuck became her best friends, gally and madelyn continued their tiring training sessions, the girl had improved a lot. minho and her continued to annoy everyone with their sarcastic remarks. chuck and her still played small pranks on the boys. they all watched out for each other, thats what she loved.

finally, that brings us to today, greenie day.

𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 gally and some of the builders set up the bonfire for tonight for the new greenie. the box hadn't come up yet, she was excited to not be the greenie anymore but also felt bad for whoever the new greenie may be, as she knew what they would have to go through.