Burn it down!

I led Deb to our private spot, the rooftop,

   "Mind explaining how you're good friends with Marcus?" I asked in a not-so-friendly tone, "seems to me you both were childhood besties or some sh*t like that."

     "Ugh.."Deb turned sad, her regular face when she's hiding something, "Your bday around the corner, I wanted to do something special."

   "Which is?" I asked with a straight face ignoring her act.

"Alan and I are this close to dating," she started. I wondered how this linked to her being friends with Marcus but I listened, "we hung out like last week or something and Marcus was there."

  "Uh-huh?" I arched my brow, wanting to know more.

"Alan introduced me to the whole basketball team," she looked directly into my eye and gave a smug smile, "and because of my charisma, me and most of them hit off instantly," I rolled my eyes and she added slowly, "including Marcus."

   "D*mn it man!" I gave up, she had successfully made me curious, "what did you guys talk about?"

  She smirked, "Ask him during your tutoring."

"C'mon please?!" I gave her puppy dog eyes. I wanted her to be the one at my mercy but now, it was the perfect opposite, "I'll take you to that one Chinese buffet."

   "You gon buy me boba too?" she sneered, I grumbled and she cupped her ear, "eh? I didn't hear that, was that a yes or no?"

   "D*mn it Deb!" I surrendered, "fine, boba!"

"Oof, thanks bestie!" she pecked my cheek. I cleaned it quickly with my palm and she finally told me, "we spoke about basketball and a lil bit bout you. Not telling what I said bout you."

   "What did you say bout me?" I clasped her hands and looked at her like she was some goddess, "pwetty pwease?"

  "Fine," she grinned, enjoying playing with my weak spot, "I spoke about your crush for him which is as big as the ocean itself."

   I slapped her head, "What did you say?" I gritted my teeth, I absolutely didn't wan that to happen, I was gonna tell him myself.

  "Girl, chill," she held her head, "I was just joking," she sighed, ".. before you kill me."

I gave an awkward smile, "S-sorry?"

   "Like sorry takes back time," she hissed.

"Fine, extra boba!" I squawked, 

   "Good." 

" I wonder what you like about those little black balls." I sulked.

    "Boo-hoo," she stuck out her tongue, "you can cry bout me loving little black balls" then she made a crying face that supposed to be me, she scrubbed her eyes indicating someone cleaning their eye after crying.

   "F*ck you botch!" I walked away angrily. Now, I had to spend extra money on some buffet and boba! Yes, my mom is rich but I'm broke, spend all my monthly allowance first week of March on new books for people in my class.

   Yes, I'm a nerdy pushover. 

"Wait!" Deb yelled as I ran down the stairs, "c'mon bestie!"

"No!"

   "Please, I've got something more to tell you!"

"Tell me on snap!"

   "It's about Marcus!" As soon as she said his name, my ears raised and I stopped,

  "Marcus?" I looked at her skeptically, "what about him?"

"He isn't dating Catrina," she raced to catch up with me, "he said he hates her but since her dad is his dad's business partner, they have to be good friends."

   My tension eased and my angriness faded, "Her birthday though? He's going, right?"

  "Yes but something she didn't tell anyone but him is it's like a late valentine bday."

  "Late valentine?" What the frick was Cartina planning now, "meaning?"

"She plans to announce it on the school group chat to bring your date with you to her bday party if you were invited to it."

   "Wow, she still has some sense," I smiled, understanding where this conversation was heading but I just had to ask, "so, what are you saying?"

   "Don't you wanna see the anger on her face?" Deb grinned evilly, "I have the perfect plan!"

  My smile immediately faded. I hated when Deb says the 'perfect' plan. Last year, her perfect plan was to vandalize our school, forgetting my mom was the owner and there were armed security cameras.

  But since I'm a nice person, I decided to give her a chance to speak her mind, "What's the plan?"

    "You find a way to convince Marcus to bring you to Cartina's bday party!" Deb flashed me a frivolous smile.

  "Deb, are you out of your mind?" I asked her, readying my hand to throw a punch in her face, "we just met!"

   "Yup, but you both have crazy similarities!" she said , still smiling, "like walking shirtless in the house."

  "What the f*ck? That's oversharing!" I smacked my forehead, "and you saw Marcus shirtless?! Lucky you!"

   "Ill tell you how his body looks like if you say yes to the plan," she pushed back her bangs, "what do you say to that?"

  I bit my lips, it was an offer I can't resist, "Yes!"

"Yes!" she smiled broadly, "This is the plan, when I get home, I'll ask Alan to send me Marcus' snap. Then it's up to you to make it work!"

  I smiled foolishly, "Is that all?" I asked, it sounded surprisingly easy.

"Yes, 3..2..1.." she began our phrase.

    "Burn it down!"

After that, we went to the cafeteria for lunch and school went by. If you're interested in knowing what we ate during lunch, I suggest not knowing it.

 Deb: we ate leaf!

Me: shut up Deb!

 Oops, Deb already said so. Me and Deb, our new year's resolution was to work out and eat healthy. We barely did it but today, we felt like doing it, so we ate some lettuce. Lettuce only. Crazy (Deb: new years resolution? No, we want the perfect body shape, Me: Deb!!!!!!!)

  Ignore Deb. 

School closes by 3pm but I had to stay another three hours so I can go home with my mom today, I missed her face. Yes, I saw her in the court but I still miss her!

   She told me tales of school as we rode home,

"Mr. Steve was so nice, he took me out to this nice restaurant."

    "Isn't that technically a date?"

I saw my mom blush before she dismissed it, "No, he's just a nice person."

   "He's single, right?" I asked my mom blankly. I didn't want her to move on from dad but if she was happy with it, then I'm happy.

  "Yes, why?" She looked at the rear-view mirror to see me.

"Then I give my blessings."

My mom was taken aback, "W-What? N-no, it's nothing like that!"

   "Mom, I'm not a kid anymore. I see our face when you talk about him." The car came to a stop and I got down, muttering, "wish you both luck."

   I entered the house quickly, skipped to my room and slammed the door, leaving my mom outside.

  Don't get the wrong impression, I wasn't angry, I was eager to see if Deb sent Marcus' snap yet. Yes, it may have been uncultured of me as it could have hurt my mom's feelings, but don't worry, I sent her a blow kiss emoji with a text reading 'good luck' just now.