Tutoring disaster P.2

I rushed out to call his mom who was right outside the door, claiming she had heard all the commotion.

   "Marky! Are you okay?" She went to his side, not forgetting to dance on the way.

"Mom!" He pushed her hands away as I watched from the corner, giggling. He was so cute, he didn't want to be seen being pet by his mom.

   "Marky! Don't be a poop!" His mom slapped his hand.

"Ouch," his mom raised his head and put it on her lap but he jumped up energetically, "mom, I'm fine," then he looked at me for a bit, then back at his mom, "really."

   His mom stood up and I was expecting her to hug him and cry or smth like that but she slapped him hard, it echoed through the wide room.

   "Didn't I tell you not to make a scene in front of the guest?" 

Marcus rubbed his right cheek and made a pouting face, "Mom..."

  She shushed him with a raised hand, "You're gonna explain to your dad how you screwed up right now."

    Marcus grabbed his mom's hand and put it on his hair, "Mom.. Pwease."

So I was right! He IS childish, not just on Snapchat. Just then my phone vibrated, 

  NEW MESSAGE FROM GC

Forgot to mention but me and Deb made a group chat for Nerds or like unpopular people where we are the popular ones even though everyone is equal. I took out my phone and looked at the group chat. It was buzzing with images of Mr Steve and my mom kissing, with the #newestcoupleintown.

  I wasn't sure whether to cringe or praise Mr Steve for accomplishing his mission but another picture left me cold.

  It was a picture of Mr Steve on his knees, proposing with a ring! Yes, I gave him my blessings but I wasn't about to have a step sister so soon. 

  "S-Sorry," I muttered as I start packing my things. I was out the door leaving the mother and son duo chatting with themselves but I accidentally overheard something.

  "I saw how you were looking at her," Marcus' mom spoke, her voice strong and thick, "something going on?"

  I didn't wait to hear Marcus' response, I kept going. Good thing I crammed the way out. From the picture, it was the dating restaurant at the end of the streets near my house. I'm not good with descriptions, so take it as it is.

   "It's a 5 star restaurant, good thing I brought my card along." I sighed as I ran through the cold breeze of the night.

     I got there to be stopped by a bouncer, as expected of a five star place.

"Stop, ID?" he asked in a russian accent. He watched as I browsed through my bag, "Not got it?" he asked when after minutes, I was still scattering my little bag.

    "I'm so sorry, I seem to have forgotten it at my friend's ho---"

"SECURI--"

    I sharply interrupted him, "No! I just realized my boyfriend birthday was today! I slept off at my friend's house and just woke up." I scratched my eyes till they were red to sort of convince him, then I continued yapping, "I heard this place is amazing and has so much romantic air around it that can make my relationship stronger, so I came for a late uh.. ordering? Is that the word?" I saw he was getting impatient and skeptical, so the words just kept spewing, "I seem to have been in a hurry that I forgot my card at my friend's house."

   He nodded after I was done blabbing and slowly dropped down the red rope used to block the entrance, but he immediately pinned it back, "SIKE! HEHEHE," he laughed so creepy, they should substitute joker's laugh with this guy's and you would pee your pants faster, "I'M NOT FALLING FOR THAT KIDDO, NICE TRY. SECURITY!"

   Then some random security alarm going off, and customers started coming out to see what the commotion was about. Out of the people coming out, I spotted mom and Mr Steve and they immediately saw him.

  "Eleane!" My mom ran to me- in heels! Mr Steve following behind her.

"Mom!" I cried, I brushed the bouncer's shoulder as I ran to my mom and we hugged like we just re-united after 20 yrs.

    "What's going on?" She asked, her body calm, her voice frantic.

"Mom... I... messed up." I tell her, looking at my feet.

    She exhales and holds my cheek, she pinches it a little whispering in my ear, "I'll take care of it." 

   "Hello," she waved at the bouncer and some security guards who had just arrived, "my daughter caused all this and I'm so sorry for all this commotion."

   The bouncer replied with a 'hm-mm' insisting she continues. His eyes was fixed on the brooch on her red hair. It was the custom made rose brooch for VIP members only. The bouncer gave my mom a bow and whispered something to the security guards who magically turned off the alarms and everyone went back in like nothing happened.

   Instead of me apologizing, the bouncer knelt down in front of me and asked for my forgiveness. I felt like a damned royalty! 

    "Uh, thanks." I smiled back at him.

***

  Mr Steve drove us home and we parted, not before they shared a kiss in the car like I wasn't there. My mom waved, blew kiss and smiled at Mr Steve before closing the door. When the door made a shutting sound, she turned to me, her eyes dead silent.

   "Like to explain to me what happened there young lady?" my mom threw the brooch in my direction, missing my face by inches, "better thank that brooch first."

   "Mom.." I tried to calm her down but she exploded, "Don't MOM me!" she gnashed her teeth as she forced each word out, "you embarrassed me in front of the whole world! And I know your reason for coming there is much more than the useless stuff you yapped to the bouncer."

   "I-I-I..." I lost my voice. Should I tell my mom or not? I'm conflicted, will she hate me for challenging her love interest or make me live with my dad or some member of my family?