The Actual Tutoring P.1

The awkwardness in the room left immediately after I dropped the chemistry and math textbooks on the table.

   "Shoot! I'm so sorry," I apologized after looking at the textbook. He let go of his eyes and exhaled deeply before looking at me with questioning blue eyes.

  "I brought my grade 8 textbook..."

"Oh," his plain face brightened, "that's fine, I guess the basic is what I need lol."

I managed to not punch myself for being stupid and smiled back, "Yes, the basic we shall start from."

   I opened the first page of my textbook and read aloud, "Grade 8 Mathematics."

He knew that, why did I have to say it again? 

  "Yes?" he answered, not sure of what he was supposed to say. He tapped me on my arm and pointed to the white nylon I had dropped, "your stuff."

  "Right!" I said as I picked it up, "thanks,"

I put it on the table, leaving it slightly opened for it to take a peek and see if there was something in it he may like,

   "Are those caramel truffles?" he asked. I immediately looked at him with puppy eyes, omg, did he like it too? but what he said next broke me, "I hate them."

  "O-Oh..." escaped my mouth, "that's bad, cuz you're missing on the fun."

"Is that basic multiplication?" he asked, a bit of anger in his tone, "I didn't mean that far basic."

    "Yes, but it's actually multiplication of integers," I responded, trying to sound professor-ish.

"Nearly the same thing though, right?" he raised a brow, "can you like come up with some questions for me to answer? based on the last chapter of that textbook?" then he stood up, "one sec, gonna grab something to stuff my mouth."

   I wanted to say I got some stuffs that we could eat but I chose not to because my focus was on the questions.  Good thing, I was speedy fast but on the dim side, I had a bad writing.

   He disappeared somewhere in the room and came back with a frigging cone ice-cream in his hand? He had an ice cream maker, in his room? What does he have next, a whole garage?

     "Sorry," he muttered, his tongue busy sliding around the cream. I stare at the ice cream intently, something about that ice cream was making me lose focus, "wan sum?" he shoved the ice cream to my face.

  Yes, I did. but not the one he just licked. Ew, even though he's my crush. (Guys, imagine Marcus reading this book)

     "No thanks." I pushed his hand back to his mouth, "your questions are ready."

He shoves the whole cone in his mouth and savagely munches on it, he dabs his hands on his trousers and asked, "where" with his mouth full.

   "There." I answered, pointing to an empty sheet of paper.

"Bruh what?" 

   "Go to page 378 and answer questions 10-30" I said, nodding to myself for being so.. superb!

"Ok, pass me the pencil in your hand." he said, gulping his smashed cone cream.

     I passed the pencil to him and relaxed on the chair, placing my legs on the table and resting my back on the chair with my head further back, "20 mins." I told him before moving around on the chair to get comfy.

   I bring out my caramel truffle and start devouring them like some ravenous bear.

I caught a glimpse of Marcus looking at me and I decided to act more mature, (hard to when you're starving)

   "Done, teacher." he squealed, just after like 5 mins.

"I'm not that old #1 and how are you done so quickly?" I asked, a grape flavored Kool Aid oozing down my throat.

    He jumped on the table and got into a running position, "I'm flash."

"Did you really have to?" I rolled my eyes.

    He squatted, "Yes, mi amor."

The butterflies in my belly started having a dance challenge, they danced so fiercely, my heart started pounding like how the grounds would shake when there's a great amounts of horses running on it, "D-Don't say that!" I shot out, my palms sweating like I just got caught in a robbery.

   "Why??" he asked, leaning close to me, "doesn't mi amor mean teacher in spanish, wait, aren't you spanish?"

   "I am! But why would you think mi amor means teacher??" I asked, trying to keep a straight face but my nose kept twitching.

   "Me and my parents were watching this movie and this girl called her coach mi amor." he replied, his expression so innocent but his explanation so sus

   "Mi amor" I take a deep breath, "means my love!" My cheek burning with feelings of frustration and something else I couldn't quite define.

Then I saw him trying to take a step back away from my face because he was embarrassed but he slipped and fell on me.

  My chair came crashing down along with us and we landed in a humiliating position that I wouldn't bother explaining. Okay! I will explain it, just for you though. I lied, I didn't come crashing with the chair... I was just super fast and I caught him before he fell and now he was in my arm like we were doing some ballet and his eyes were wide and frozen on mine, as mine was on his.

   "S-Sorry," he tried to get to his feet but he only slipped and fell, hitting his head on the floor.

"F*ck!" he screamed as his head hit the floor, I winced, imagining the pain he was feeling was mine.

   I knelt down to cater to him who was now holding the back of his head. I place my hand on his chest, then down to his stomach. I'm not being weird! It was one of the ways my dad told me on how to soothe someone in pain (and its also a good way to feel some abs)

    He grabbed my hand with one arm, "Stop!" his voice was harsh but it didn't seem like he was angry, he looked scared, like he was hiding something, "don't go down any further." he instructed.

  Why? I was just trying to soothe him or was it making him uncomfortable? Probably.

"One sec, I'll call your mom," I stood up and rushed out the door leaving him in severe headache.