Meeting Marcus

Yeah, Mr Steve talked a lot but I gave the points to him because the words he spewed were pretty valid. 

**

  Now, I'm at the door of The Chase's, heart pounding loudly and ears ringing. I held my breath as I clicked a button on the intercom (the entry system)

   "Who's there?" A bubbly voice asked, "Oh, are you Ms. Rodriguez."

Yes, I had friends and wasn't afraid to let loose but I had social anxiety hidden deep inside me. Fearing to blurt out some random words. I only spoke one word at a time.

  "Yeah. Eleane. Tutor." I sounded like a baby trying to make sense of her first word but thankfully, the woman gave an understanding laugh and the door came open.

   I heaved a sigh of relief and the first thing I noticed was how rich the Chase' were. Yes, my mom is the principal. she earns money and all but not on the level of these people. When welcomed into the house, the first thing you see is the gold staircase, won't even be surprised if it was real gold.

   The woman looked back at me with a large smile on her face, "Welcome to my humble abode." The she spread her arms and spun. Her short velvet gown followed her in rotation.

  I smiled back, I could see where Marcus got his beauty from. The staircases had two ways to go up and it's prolly the same way to come down except if there's an elevator. To the right and the left was an entrance without a door. 

   "Should I take you to the living room? Study room or Marcus' room?" she asked, her blue eyes gleaming, "he likes guest to come to his room."

   Why did that sound so wrong? What does he do with them? Does the guests include girls?Nevermind, it's just my dirty mind.

  "Uh, his room then?"

"Very well, follow me!" Like a child, she pointed with her arm to the left, "shall we?"

The she walked-run past the left entrance with me trailing behind her. The entrance led to another staircase. Was this house like a duplex or a mansion? I didn't even think about this from outside.

   "You're the first tutor Marky is having and we hope he gets better at math and chemistry." She stopped on the last step, "the first room by the right is his."

   "Thank you Mrs. Chase." I clutched my backpack handle tightly, this was the day I finally get to talk to Marcus outside school!

    "No problem," she threw her hands in the air, "Just call me Mathilda. I'm always down if you need anything." 

  "Thank you, Mrs. Mathilda." I said awkwardly.

She laughed, "Eleane, you're quite the funny one. Anyways, don't let me take much of your time"

   I waved at her with stiff hands. She waved back and turned around to go down the steps but she didn't. Instead, she steadied herself in the handrail and slid down the stairs. I watched at her in amazement, she was definitely one of the cool kids when she was growing up.

   I faced away from her and focused on the real thing here; Marcus, No, tutoring.

I knocked on his door and a groggy voice asked, "Mom?"

   My cheeks turned red, why did his voice sound so hot??!! 

"N-No... Uh.. Eleane. Tutor.." 

    I heard the springs form his bead scream as he jumped up, "Eleane from school?" he asked in an alarmed voice.

  "Yes," I replied.

"Shoot, gimme a sec." He said, sounding like he was jumping from trees to trees or doing some rigorous exercise.

  Soon after, he opened the door and I realized what he was doing. He was getting his clothes on! His shirt was worn backwards and it wasn't properly worn because it didn't fully cover his navel and his hair was disheveled.

  "H-Hi!" he greeted with a tight face, "come on in."

I greeted him back and made my way into his room. His room was big. Big isn't the word... MASSIVE at least for a room. This room was the same size as my living room!

   The room was packed with a four people table and chairs, a 24 inches hisense TV, a comfy size bed, a bathroom and toilet and a couch? Whatever that was. (It was a shapeless yellow foam in form of a sofa.)

    The room was big but isn't a room I'd like. When he opened the door, the first thing I saw was his bed and TV, the bed was leaning on the wall while the TV hung on a stand in front of the bed, on the left. The shapeless foam was facing the TV.

  I stood still, examining the room,

"Why you staring like I'm hiding a dead body?" Marcus asked, unintentionally bumping into me.

"Your room is just uh.. nice?" I pointed at the wallpaper, "what's that?"

"Random personally designed wallpaper."  he gave me a look, one of intrigue, like the look you give someone you want to know more about! or... the one you give someone who you think is slow.

   "Cool," I smile back.

"You know, you look different today," he complimented as he made our way to the table and chairs. He pulled out a chair for me and I let out a frustrated sigh, "How ugly do I look today?" I asked, not thinking of his compliment as a compliment, "Ugly ugly? Not surprising, I suck at being pretty."

   "Not that!" he held his mouth, "you look...." then he looked at me and turned away, his face reddening, "lovely."

  My brain exploded. Y'all heard that?? He called me lovely!! No way! I stared at him in awe but my gaze came across as an offended one, so he tried to correct himself,

   "I mean.. Your long hair--, your clothes." He now covered his eyes. 'Nah bro, I've screwed up', the thought in his head.

  "Thank you," I say with a slight chuckle, trying to act like my mind was intact.

"Y-Yeah, thanks." His steam finally cooled off and we both sat down.