Chapter five: Comfort Zone

Jax leaned against the door frame, his hand supporting Ludachel's weight as the latter leaned on him, looking slightly pale and uncomfortable.

He couldn't discern if the faint jingling of the bell above the entrance or the loud drumming of his heartbeat were causing the disorientation he felt in such close proximity to Ludachel – a person he had admired since his youth. His grip tightened on Ludachel's arm, sensing the firm, toned muscles beneath the leather coat.

As his mind wandered and desires stirred, a voice abruptly brought him back to reality.
"Thank you for preventing me from a face-plant, but I don't appreciate being felt up by a giant mass of muscle in the process," Ludachel remarked sharply, pushing Jax away and freeing himself from the embrace, fixing the teenager with a frigid gaze of piercing blue.

"Are you alright, Ludachel?" the shopkeeper called out from the counter, bewildered by the strange encounter between the two boys.
In Ludachel's mind, he couldn't shake off the visions that plagued him, a sight he wasn't supposed to see, a disruption to his task of delivering Eve's package.

As Ludachel swiftly pushed past Jax, exchanging a brisk farewell with the shopkeeper "Everything is fine, a pleasure doing business with you and again, sorry for the delay."

his mind already clouded with the haunting visions that seemed to follow him relentlessly. His footsteps carried him with urgency towards his motorcycle, his only respite from the unsettling images that lurked in the crowded streets.

However, before he could make his escape, Jax's hand grabbed his arm, halting his departure, causing Ludachel to turn sharply, his expression a mix of surprise and guarded curiosity. His dark eyebrow arched in silent inquiry as he locked eyes with the startled red-headed figure before him.

"Can I help you?" Ludachel questions suspiciously, glancing down at the youths tanned hand.

Confused by his own body, Jax is left stuttering at Ludachels beautiful face contoured by the sunlight and finds himself Caught off guard by his own impulsive actions, Jax stumbled over his words, the sincerity in his gaze belying his uncertain demeanour.

"I... I mean, would you perhaps... Consider joining me at a bonfire gathering on the outskirts of Gate 12 at 9 pm?" His voice betrays a hint of nervousness.

Silence enveloped them, the air heavy with unspoken possibilities as Ludachel absorbed Jax's unexpected proposal. His gaze lingered on the earnest expression before him.

As Ludachel inquired, "And you are?" With a curious tilt of his head, examining Jax from head to toe, trying to recall if he knew the guy as Jax confidently responded, "I'm Jaxson, but you can call me Jax." Feeling a surge of courage, he tightened his hold on Ludachel's arm.

Ludachel chuckled softly, stepping closer to Jax, amusement dancing in his eyes as he asked, "And do we already know each other, Jaxson who prefers Jax?" The air between them crackled with a blend of uncertainty and unspoken tension that only seemed to be felt by Jax alone.

With a shaky breath, Jax admitted, "No, we don't." As he leaned in closer, drawn by the captivating allure in Ludachel's eyes that seemed to hold galaxies within them for a fleeting moment, the promise of divinity that lay dormant.

Ludachel swiftly pulled his arm away from Jax's grasp, a look of incredulity crossing his features as he settled onto his motorcycle and secured his goggles. "So why, then, would you ask a stranger to accompany you to a potentially perilous party out of the blue?" he questioned, the engine of his bike humming softly in the background.

Caught off guard, Jax stuttered, his mind racing for an explanation. "It's precisely because of the danger that I thought having you there would be a wise idea. I may not know you personally, but I've heard of your reputation for living on the outskirts where threats like the Deathtems roam freely. I figured your experience could be valuable," Jax blurted out, his voice tinged with a hint of urgency.