Chapter six: Embers Ignite The Wheel of Fate

(This chapter was a bit awkward for me to write and I'm not very happy with it, so if anyone wants to give pointers 😌 please do~~)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ludachel, weary from the events of the day, decided to allow his eyes to drift shut as he settled onto his bed. It didn't take long before sleep claimed him, ushering him into a realm within his dream, Ludachel found himself immersed in a vast, dark expanse. The ground beneath him rippled with deep blue waves, the only hint of colour in the otherwise shadowy void.

Confusion clouded Ludachel's features as he took in the unfamiliar yet oddly comforting surroundings.

"What is this place?" He whispers to himself, perplexed, feeling oddly at home in this expansion.

A voice, ethereal and resonant, pierced the silence of the void. "This space exists because of you and your significance to the cosmos," it intoned with a hint of angelic arrogance, its words carrying both wisdom and mystery.

Startled, Ludachel turned around, searching for the source of the voice. "Who's there?" he demanded, but there was no reply. Instead, a hand reached out, grasping his ankle and pulling him down into the swirling waves of the void. Panic surged through Ludachel as he desperately tried to anchor himself, the pressure of the void threatening to overwhelm him.

Just as hope began to fade as his head went under what felt like water, a force lifted Ludachel from the depths, setting him back on solid ground. Before him stood a figure of indescribable presence, with hair as white as pure light and eyes that shimmered with an otherworldly silver, casting an inquisitive gaze upon Ludachel.

With a mixture of fear and resolve, Ludachel faced his mysterious saviour. "What was that, and who are you?" his voice braver than his retreating steps that echoed in the vast expanse, accompanied by the distant sound of rippling waves and the lingering sense of unease that permeated the realm.

The figure tilted his head in contemplation, observing Ludachel, the God of death, who stood perplexed and unaware of his own nature.

"If I'm here, his awakening is nearing, signalling a significant juncture." Jutis, the god of time, mused to himself, a hint of a faint smirk playing on his lips as he regarded the confused deity who believed himself human.

"It matters not who I am but who you are," Jutis spoke cryptically, acknowledging Ludachel's distress. "I am not here to guide you on this journey of self-discovery. The events that transpired were of your making. Do not ignore your destiny, for the cosmos and souls will not forget your existence for much longer. They will seek you out, like a lighthouse in the dark."

"What are you even talking about?" Ludachel questioned, his skepticism evident.
Before any explanation could be given, Ludachel woke to the sound of knocking at his bedroom door.

"Hey, it's 8:30 pm. Aren't you getting ready to go to that gathering?" Eve's voice called from the other side. "Don't be late unless you want all eyes on you."

Startled and disoriented, Ludachel sat up, wiping sweat from his forehead, still reeling from the vivid dream.

"What kind of bizarre dream was that?" he whispered to himself as he sat up wiping the sweat from his brow as he headed towards the bathroom, brushing past Eve on his way out of his bedroom. His mind lingered on the mysterious man from the dream, leaving him troubled.

Observing Ludachel's haste to the bathroom, Eve scoffed, feeling a tinge of irritation. "Is this his rebellious stage?" she wondered to herself, the distant sound of running water echoing from the bathroom.

—— —— —— —— —— —— ——

In the quiet moments before their departure, the trio's tension simmered beneath the surface, the electric charge of anticipation and apprehension mingling in the cramped space of their apartment. Brain, with his blonde waves now tamed thanks to Rin's diligent brushing, couldn't mask his nervous excitement. This night was a breach into the unknown, a step beyond the safety of city walls and into the wild promise of the night.
"We need to discuss a safety protocol." Jax started loosely putting on his best shoes ignoring the signs of wear and tear.