Walk

Zoya's Pov:

I was in night dress but i guess it won't bother here since the whole island is empty.
So i followed him as he walked out of the house.
We were silently walking for atleast 10 minutes.

"What's making you feel tensed?,
I finally broke the silence between us.
He looked at me for a second then instead of replying he thrown another question at me, "why do you think I'm tensed?
"Your eyes are saying it all,
I sighed.

"Tell me one thing Zoya, What do you think about Riya? Like, what kind of girl is She?. I know his brother was my bff but She used to live in hostel and i barely got to see her for once or twice in a month, so I don't know anything much about her.
He asked me casually.

"Yeah. even i met riya for the first time, when i married Ruhan. She never used to say in touch with us. Everytime, it was Ruhan who used to call her to know if she was okay.
Then sunddenly one day She decided to Shift at our house. Offcourse i was happy because by that time Ruhan was completely changed into a different person. So, i thought that Riya will help me to make my married life better.
It was the night of Ruhan's death...

I hesitated for a second because it was hard for me to talk about that night. But Rishi gave me a look saying
"It's alright, Say it.

Then i continued.
"At that night Riya was about to come , but She didn't. In the next morning When the body was shifted to morgue, She came.
I was afraid about saying anything to her. But eventually i ended up spitting everything about the pills i gave. I was about to surrender. But She was the one who told me to hide all the evidence and to not surrender. At first i was not understanding that why she is protecting me but then She cleared it by saying "i still have Tara who needs her mother" and that's why she wanted to protect me.

Then we shifted to India and She became my only family. Offcourse i have my parents but I didn't know where they were and what they were doing. I didn't even want to know because they never cared about my existence. And i never wanted the same for Tara, So i decided to hide all the evidences against me."

By the time i completed my words, My throat was completely filled and my eyes were glossy.
He understood the situation and tried to change the topic.

"So..what made u to come on a walk with me, today?
He asked while wipping off the slightest drop of tear which was just going to fall from the corner of my eyes.

"I ... it's just i wanted to have a talk. Talk about... about your life.
I said while giving him a side look.

"About my life, like my history?
He asked raising his one eyebrow.

"No stupid, i want to know everything about your current life, about your likes and dislikes, about the things which makes you happy and the things which pisses you off.
I replied with slight giggle.

"Umm...okay. Tomorrow, I'll take you to my headquarters, there u will see my work and will see that how my daily life goes on.
Usually i hate everything but the only thing which makes me happy is...

He stopped there. When i turned to look at him for an answer, He was staring at me.
"What??
I asked.

"Nothing, ...next question please.
He replied after 3 minutes of staring. Then He turned his head around, breaking the intense eye contact between us, while rubbing the back of his neck with one hand.

Rishi's Pov:

She is asked me about the things which makes me happy...
I thought my reply would be NOTHING, but the moment i saw her, my answer changed. Though my lips couldn't utter a word but my eyes stopped at her. She is definitely Something for me.
She reminds me about my family. The time when i knew how to smile, how to laugh, how to enjoy. She reminds me about everything i have forbidden years ago.

"You know Rishi, i feel safe and stronger when I'm around you.
She said casually.

It was so casual but believe me, after hearing this, my heart skipped a beat.
I didn't replied, as i couldn't find any right words for this.
I don't even know that, exactly what made her say so.

"You know, around you, i find that young little Zoya inside me, who knew how to fight for herself. Who knew how to take stand against the wrong. Who knew how to overcome the pain.

She completed her last few words in low voice, as if She was whispering it to herself.

"Why did you let that Zoya to be lost? And why are u still not fighting to find yourself back?

"Maybe because, i don't want to heal. I don't want to feel again Rishi.
She said this simply, looking into my eyes, with a smile on her face. There was so much pain on her smile.

"But why ?
Look, I can understand your situation Zoya. I was in the same situation years ago, when my parents died. And the thing which i did at that time was , shutted down my all feelings which resulted in making me a disaster, probably the worst person in this world.
And i don't want you to repeat the mistakes i have done. Don't let yourself to become someone whom you will hate.

Zoya's Pov:

When i told him that I don't want to feel again, He held my shoulders then turned me around so that we can see each other face to face. Then he placed his one palm on my right cheek and explained that how much he understands me.
To be honest, he was right. I am letting myself to become a person whom i don't even know.
When his palm touched my cheeks, i leaned my face , slightly, onto it and closed my eyes. He kept saying things to me and i was just feeling his touch, because it was giving me peace, the calmness which i was searching for days or probably for years, since after when i married Ruhan.

When Ruhan or Ayaan touched my skin in any manner, i always felt a Shiver running down my spine, maybe because their touch attracted my body, my skin. But with Rishi, it's different. It's totally different.
I don't know that exactly how much storms of emotions, he is hiding behind his bold and rough expressions. but i know that behind a tough shield, he is protecting himself from the destruction he has faced once. I can bet that he is not at all a disaster. He is just pretending to be one, because he don't want himself to breakdown.

"Umm, i guess you are tired. Let's go home.
His voice brought me back to the real world from my thoughts.
Maybe because i closed my eyes for a real long time, that's why He is saying this.

"I'm not tired, but i guess we should go home because it's you who really need to rest now.
I said him demandingly.

A car instantly appeared from nowhere and we slided our body inside that before it headed towards the house.

--------------------------------------------------

Finally they are getting close..ufff😉

Thank you for reading 💗