Chapter 6: The Dizzitron

Satisfied with the progress made the day before, Purple Sparks joined the others with a beaming smile that morning. Although her classmates now referred to her as a "fearful," she remembered her synchronized flight with her idol, Rainbow Dash, with pride. This experience had boosted her self-confidence, giving her a new impetus to face the new day of training that was looming.

When she joined the others, she was greeted with a few curious glances and a few stifled murmurs, but she did not let herself be discouraged. She knew that what mattered was her own perception of her skills, not that of others.

Rainbow Dash arrived and got straight to the heart of the matter: "Cadets, today we're going to practice on the Dizzitron. Purple Sparks, you're going to participate in this exercise. »

Purple Sparks felt a lump form in her stomach at the announcement of Rainbow Dash. The dizzitron was a daunting ordeal, especially for someone like her who struggled to fly ahead of others. However, she remembered Dash's words of encouragement the day before and told herself that she had to take up the challenge.

The group made their way to the huge structure of the Dizzitron, an intricate machine designed to test the agility and resistance of pegasus. Purple felt her heart beat faster and faster as they approached.

Rainbow Dash quickly explained the rules of the exercise and how the dizzitron works. Purple tried to stay focused, but anxiety was starting to get the better of her. She glanced at Dash, who gave her an encouraging smile.

The students marched past Purple Sparks one by one. After taking flight, they settled into the infernal device. Rainbow Dash ordered the sergeant to activate the machine, which began to spin, sending the ponies into a whirlwind of sensations. Moments later, Rainbow Dash let out a shrill "Now!" motioning the sergeant to lower the lever and catapulting the pegasus into the air. The participants then had to stabilize and land on the flyway as quickly as possible. The performances were timed, and Rainbow Dash announced the times of each run.

Every moment that passed seemed interminable to Purple. She let herself be swept away by a multitude of swirling thoughts, imagining the worst-case scenarios once she'd be in this evil contraption. Fear almost paralyzed her, but she struggled to keep her composure, though her heart pounded in her chest.

"Purple Sparks," Rainbow Dash called out in her authoritative voice, "it's your turn!" a shiver ran down Purple's spine. She took a deep breath, trying to chase away her doubts and fear. Summoning up all her courage, she walked towards the dizzitron, ready to face the final test.

"Come on, fearful," said a student in the ranks, immediately called out to Rainbow Dash who motioned for Purple to take her time.

The student's scathing words echoed through the air, causing Purple Sparks to pinch a twinge. She could feel the scrutinizing glances of her comrades weighing on her, adding to her already palpable nervousness. However, Rainbow Dash's gesture, the sign to take her time, brought her a hint of comfort.

Despite the anticipation and apprehension that gripped her, Purple took a deep breath to calm herself. She struggled to dispel the doubts that plagued her, knowing that she had to find within herself the strength to overcome this ordeal. Determinedly, she slowly moved toward the dizzitron, trying to ignore the whispers and comments buzzing around her.

As she took her seat in the infernal contraption, Purple felt her heart pounding. Her hooves shook slightly as she clung tightly to the edge of the dizzitron. Rainbow Dash, silent but attentive, watched her student's every move, supporting her with her confident gaze.