Chapter 8: Forced Vacation

Three days. That was the time Purple had ahead of her. A forced vacation caused by Rainbow Dash's accident. Three days during which the wonderbolt academy would close its doors. "Are you going home?" asked Phase, who saw that Purple was carrying a suitcase on her back. "Yes, I'm taking this opportunity to go back to Rainbow Falls. It'll help me think about it," she replied. "Well, get some rest," Phase advised him before Purple set off for the hot air balloon that was waiting for her. She boarded the balloon, and it flew to Rainbow Falls.

The hot air balloon ride gave Purple time to reflect on her situation. She watched the landscape unfold before her eyes, lost in thought. When she arrived at Rainbow Falls, she found the familiar atmosphere of the boarding school. In her room, she hoped to find the clarity she needed to think about it all.

"Sister! You're back!" Destin exclaimed, hearing her sister come in. "So how is the internship going?" he asked her

Purple smiled sadly at her brother, knowing she had to tell him the truth. "It's not going as planned," she admitted. "Rainbow Dash has been injured and training has been cancelled for a few days." She looked down, feeling guilty that she wasn't there for her idol.

Destin placed a comforting hoof on Purple's shoulder. "Don't worry, Purple. It's not your fault," he said softly. "You're here now, so enjoy your time at home. You'll be able to return to training once Dash recovers." His words soothed Purple a little, and she nodded, grateful for her brother's support.

The two young pegasus made their way to the clearing, the same clearing where Purple first showed Rainbow Dash her ability to fly.

Sitting in the grass, Purple took the time to explain the situation to Destin. She remembered her arrival at the Wonderbolt Academy, letting out a nostalgic sigh.

"I still remember the day I got there, butterflies in my stomach and my heart pounding. I was so excited to pursue my dreams. But right from the start, I met Phase, a changeling. He became a very dear friend," she explained, a warm twinkle in her eye.

Destin, intrigued, asked, "Are there changelings among the Wonderbolts? I didn't know! »

She lost herself in thought, remembering the difficult times during the solitary training.

"The beginning was difficult, I must admit," she said in a slightly lower voice, the shadow of sadness passing over her face. "The other pegasus were teasing me, making fun of me... It really hurt my self-confidence. »

The image of Rainbow Dash appeared in her mind, and a smile lit up her face.

"But everything changed when I had the opportunity to fly with Rainbow Dash. It was magical, Destin. Flying with my idol was a dream come true," she said, her eyes shining with admiration.

Destin listened intently, captivated by his sister's story. He asked her curiously, "What's next? Have you switched to the famous dizzitron? »

A shiver of fear ran down Purple's spine as she remembered the intense experience of the spin. "The dizzitron... It was terrifying," she confessed, her eyes darkening slightly. "I was so scared, but I tried anyway. I had to face my fears, and it wasn't easy. »

Then the memory of Carnage came flooding in, sending Purple into deep thought.

"Carnage... That's when it all got really strange," she whispered, an expression of concern covering her face. "This mysterious creature, talking in my head... it really upset me, Destin. I don't know what that means yet, but it bothers me a lot. »

The sun's rays squeezed through the foliage of the trees, creating dancing patterns on the floor of the clearing. A light breeze gently caressed their manes, adding a touch of tranquility to their lively conversation.

Then, slowly, Purple stood up. Again she stretched from the hind hooves to the fore hooves, and then she made rigorous movements with her wings until she flew away. As Destin watched her sister soar into the air with mesmerizing grace, a proud smile stretched her lips. He couldn't help but feel a touch of nostalgia at this familiar but oh-so-breathtaking sight.

Purple's wings flapped confidently, propelling her nimble body across the sky. Each movement was a demonstration of her innate talent, a dance in harmony with the natural elements around her. Her face beamed with happiness, her eyes sparkled with excitement as she let herself be carried away by the freedom of flight.

Destin, impressed by his sister's aerial performance, applauds loudly, showing his pride and admiration for her talent. Meanwhile, his little sister, with a smile on her lips, gracefully landed in front of him and bowed to greet her only spectator.

"Am I bothering you?" interrupted a strange but familiar voice. Lying there, with their back to our young ponies, Carnage watched the scene with a mysterious air.

"You're disturbing us!" cried Purple, rage palpable in her voice. Destin, surprised by this sudden reaction, watched in astonishment as her sister stood up, ready to confront the mysterious being. Carnage, slowly turning their head towards them, flashed an enigmatic smile.

"Why are you angry, Purple Sparks?" they whispered, their calm tone contrasting with Purple's seething anger. "You are free to make your own choices, but remember, some destinies are inevitable."

Carnage's response only fueled Purple's anger. She was convinced that if she had attended the practice that day, she could have prevented Rainbow Dash's accident. Frustration consumed her, but at the same time, a growing anxiety within her, an anxiety about her own future and what Carnage had revealed about her destiny.

"Your destiny is far beyond what you can imagine, Purple Sparks," Carnage whispered, their smile widening slightly to reveal a golden tooth. Their eyes glowed a deep, dark green, adding even more mystery to their appearance. "You are destined for far greater heights than a simple Wonderbolt. But you'll have to choose your path carefully. »

Their words puzzled Purple. What fate could they have in store for her? A multitude of questions swirled in her mind, but one thing was certain: the future promised to be full of mystery and adventure.

Carnage's smile deepened, accentuating their mystery, as they added, "So many questions are running through your head, my dear." The words, spoken in a calm and assured voice, unsettled Purple, realizing that Carnage could indeed read her mind.

Carnage was silent for a moment, then rose gracefully before disappearing into a whirlwind of light and shadow. Purple and Destin looked at each other, puzzled. Destin hadn't understood much of this strange encounter, but Carnage's enigmatic smile left an uncanny impression on Purple.

In the days that followed, Purple and Destin took advantage of their time together to relax and take their minds off things. Before leaving Rainbow Falls to return to Cloudsdale, Purple hugged her brother in a warm hug to say goodbye. She felt ready to take on the challenges ahead at the academy, knowing that every day would bring its share of adventures and discoveries.