04.

I'm on a roll with these updates, I'm proud of myself.

-

Someone barging into his room where Alec was focusing from his spot in the air as he was meditating caused him to begin to fall, hitting floor hard on his butt. "Ow."

The one who barged in was none other than Padmé, with an annoyed look on her face. "I can't believe them. They want me to leave, this vote is very important, I didn't come here just to leave again." She ranted, walking back and forth infront of Alec as he stood up. "I'm ok, thanks for asking." Alec mumbled quietly, rubbing his bottom slightly.

Padmé looked over at Alec, hope in her eyes, "you have to talk to them, tell them I'm fine enough to stay here, with you as my protector." Alec had a feeling she'd ramble on about this. "Actually, I was thinking we could go." Padmés mouth opened wide as she gaped, "You want me to run?" Alec looked away, sighing as he began packing his things, "You almost died, Padmé, if I hadn't been there, you wouldn't be here, ranting my ear off." Padmé knew what Alec was saying was true, much to her dismay.

"I can't just run, I'm a senator, I didn't work for a year to defeat the military creation act to not be here when it's fate is decided and if I ran everytime someone hated me I wouldn't have any time to sit and breathe-" Alec cut her off, "You can't be a senator if you're dead. Now I don't want that to happen to I'm sorry Padmé, but I'm with the council on this one. Who knows, maybe we will be back before the act is decided." Padmé sighed in defeat. "Ok, fine. We will go, but the minute this is over we are coming back." And so she turned and left, towards her room to begin packing her things.

As Alec continue to pack, a new presence replaced Padmé, it was Anakin.

"I'm assuming she didn't take the council's decision well?" He asked, folding his arms and staring in amusement at the look on Alec's face. "She's stubborn but she also trusts me, it took alittle convincing but I got her to agree." Alec didn't like being used by the council against Padmé, but deep down he knew they were doing it for her. Anakin walked further in so that he were next to Alec. Grabbing Alec's underwear, he noticed the purple color. "Does the light one really have to wear all purple?" He laughed as Alec snatched his underwear away from him. "No, but purple is my favorite color, don't criticize me!" Alec stated defensively, pointing his index finger at Anakin.

Anakin held up his hands in a surrender motion, "Hey I'm just saying, I think you'd look good in black." Alec's face began to heat up slightly. "For a Jedi I mean." Anakin cleared his throat. "Well thank you, and for your information my cloak may be purple but my tunics are usually black." Alec held up a black tunic as proof. "Anyway, I know you didn't come in here just to talk about my style of clothing."

Alex finished packing, zipping the bag closed, he was finally done. "I can see the look on your face, you look annoyed, Obi-Wan I'm guessing?" Anakin nodded, taking a breath as he remembered how little faith his master had in him.

"Obi-Wan is a great mentor, as wise as master Yoda and as powerful as master Windu, I'm truly thankful to be his apprentice." Anakin stopped for a moment as Alec listened careful before continuing, "In a lot of ways, I'm ahead of him. I'm ready for the trial, but he feels I'm to unpredictable, he won't let me move on." Alec smiled sadly at Anakin. He's worked hard these last ten years from what Alec has heard, and he's done a lot of good, learned a lot as well, he even grew a lot. "I know how you feel Anakin, I know it can get frustrating-" he was cut off before he could finish his sentence, "-Its worse! He's overly critical, he never listens, he doesn't understand, it's not fair!" Anakin finished his rant. Alec walked forward so that he was infront of Anakin. "Master Yoda is the same way with me, I understand how you feel, better than most, but the thing with masters are they are also are mentors, and all mentors have a way of seeing more of our faults then we like." Anakin looked to be listening, but his mind seemed elsewhere as he stared at Alec, "as master Yoda would put it, "the only way you grow, that is." Alec did his best impression of master Yoda, which made Anakin laugh alittle.

"I know." Anakin sighed, smiling as he continued to stare at Alec. It was alittle creepy but also very flattering, Alec just had to remember Anakin was just his friend. "We just can't try to grow up to quickly, we are still just Padawans, eventually we will make it to the trials."

Anakin smirked cockily as he eyed Alec up and down, "But I am grown up, you said it yourself, and you look a lot more grown up yourself." Alec felt little underneath Anakin even though he was just slightly taller.

Alec noticed the smirk on Anakin's lips and admiration on his eyes, it made Alec feel things a Jedi shouldn't feel. "Uh, please don't look at me like that." Anakin ignored his please, continuing to still look at Alec, but his eyes kept flickering down to Alec's lips, and Alec noticed. "Why not?" Anakin licked his lips. The two were now very close to each other. Their noses almost touched.

Alec had to think quickly, anything to get Anakin to back up quickly. "I, didn't brush my teeth, my breath probably smells, you should back up." That was a lie, Alec was a perfectionist, his breath always smelt like mint and Anakin knew it. Anakin just laughed, but didn't move, "I don't care."

Alec tried to back up but he was against a wall, "Well uh, you smell, like really bad, it's hurting my nose." Another lie, he smelt amazing. "I think you're lying to me, I thought friends to lie." Anakin whispered, his eyes remaining on Alec's lips. Alec had to think quickly, they were less than an inch apart. Fuck it.

Alec pushed Anakin back slightly, then move out of the way, "Anakin we can't. The code." Alec walked back to grab his bag as Anakin watched him with a smirk on his face. Alec didn't say he didn't want to, he just said it was because of the code. Alec felt the same and Anakin was beginning to catch on to it. "One day." Anakin whispered lowly.

-

So I'm not very good with writing tension and little flirty scenes so I'm not sure how this turned out, all I know is I was giggling as I wrote this 🫣