◈6◈

I woke up and sat on the bed. My head was hurting so much. After fainting that day, I had a high fever for so long.

Mrs. Jung entered the room and said, "You're awake? How are you feeling now?"

"Having a bit of a headache."

"Eat this soup. You'll feel good," she said, placing the soup on the table.

"Thank you."

I ate a spoonful of soup and said, "I will go to work today."

"You are not recovered yet. Don't go to office today," she said worriedly.

"No. Not possible. If I don't go to the office for any longer, a load of work will make me sick again."

She sighed and asked, "Does Jungkook still hate you?"

"He's still relying on false accusations," I chuckled painfully.

"I hope he finds out the truth someday."

"I don't want that. Let him keep drowning in lies so that he burns more in repentance."

● ● ●

As soon as I enter the office building, Jack approaches me. He came over and said with a smile, "I'm glad you're on the mend. But you should have rested a little more."

"I'm fine. Thanks," I smiled.

"Let me walk you to your floor."

I was about to say 'no' but suddenly my eyes went to the elevator. I saw Jungkook standing there and looking straight at me. There was nothing but coldness in his eyes.

He is the only one who has done the wrong but he is showing his anger on me. To prove him that I don't care, I smiled at Jack and said, "I'd love to."

We walked together and stood in front of the elevator. Jungkook took his eyes off me as I got closer. I stood by him as if nothing had happened.

After a while, Jungkook said, "Mr. Jack, since when have you been working upstairs?"

"No, sir. I still work downstairs." Jack's answer made it clear that he didn't understand Jungkook's question. But I got it right.

"So what are you doing in front of the elevator?"

"I-" Jack stopped.

"Did you finish the data I gave you to check?" Jungkook said in his normal voice but I could clearly sense the mix of witticism in his voice.

"No, sir. Sorry," Jack bowed his head.

He then looked at me apologetically and said, "I have to go."

He said sorry and left. I shook my head. I wasn't surprised by Jungkook's cleverness. He is always dominant. But I am a little afraid of his actions.

When the elevator door open, everyone lets Jungkook in first because he's the 'respected' boss. Then everyone else goes inside. They waited for me to enter. But I didn't go inside.

I thought I should stay at a safe distance from Jungkook. Jungkook's office and my desk are on the top floor. So, the lift will be completely empty by the time it reaches there. And it wouldn't be good for me to stand alone in the elevator with Jungkook.

"You all go. I'll go later," I said hesitantly.

But the elevator door opened again. I turned around in surprise and saw that all the people were there. They all went out one by one except Jungkook.

"Whe- where are you all going?" I asked but no one answered. They all waited for the second lift.

Jungkook and I were left alone. He looked straight at me with the same cold gaze, then said, "Are you coming in or not?"