CH. 7: Nice to Meet You (I)

— Imperial Calendar Year 588. April 20th. 8:00 in the morning.

Ophelia slept deeply, not knowing how long it had been, and greeted a refreshing morning.

Just by escaping from infinite regression and starting a new day, the world would look beautiful no matter whether she was in the gutter or not.

So Ophelia was able to smile broadly at her mother.

"It's a beautiful day, Mother."

"That's new. And you seem busy. Where are you going so early in the morning?"

"I'm going to the Imperial Palace."

"Wherever I go, it's been bustling since morning... What?"

"I'll be back."

"Wait! Ophelia! Ophelia!"

Leaving her mother frantically calling behind her, Ophelia headed straight to the palace.

"This is Ophelia Bolsheik."

"Do you have an appointment?"

"No."

"Then..."

After interrupting the guard's words, Ophelia took out a small card.

"I don't have a prior arrangement, but I have this card."

To Ophelia, who became his aide, the card that Richard gave as if pulling candy out of his pocket was not like candy at all.

It had a mark that only the blood of the imperial family could give.

Although it had a grand appearance, it was simply an 'imperial palace free pass', and at the same time, it allowed the bearer to see the imperial family member who gave it to them any time without a prior agreement.

After verifying the card, the guard immediately took a step back, withdrawing his gaze from Ophelia.

It must be because of Richard's seal, which was clearly embossed on the card.

"Pardon me, Lady Bolsheik."

"Oh, no. You're just doing your job. Well, I have to go now."

Surrounded by a halo of sunlight above her head, Ophelia passed the soldiers with a smile like a Buddha.

She entered the crown prince's palace without hesitation and went to the office without hesitation.

—Tok tok.

"Come in."

"It's a refreshing morning."

Opening the door vigorously, Ophelia walked towards Richard with a bounce in her steps.

"You look good."

"Your Highness is still not dead."

"The lady is the only person who sees me and says that."

"It's because I'm the only comrade you're trapped in this damn cycle with. Yesterday's infinite regression ended, so maybe not today, right?"

"Well. Rather, the lady might wish for an infinite return to do everything she has to do today."

"Is it work?"

"Yes."

Ophelia blinked rapidly at his answer, which seemed to ask why she was asking something so obvious.

She answered after scanning Richard's huge desk and the piles of paperwork that lined up to the floor to form a mountain range.

But even the mere sight of the breathtaking mountain of papers didn't bring down her feeling of walking on clouds.