CH. 10: Nice to Meet You (IV)

"Where the hell?!"

"Oh my God, you're making such a loud noise. Lady Filite has always been lacking in etiquette."

"Isn't it Lady Sheffield that is lacking? And it's not 'Lady Filite', but the 'senior aide'."

Cooper raised his hand amid the thunder and lightning like a battle between a snake and a mongoose.

"A new aide has come, but what does that have to do with the lady..."

"It doesn't matter."

Following Iris, Cooper blatantly pushed Lady Sheffield away, but she wasn't the type to be dissuaded simply with that.

"Why doesn't it matter? If I stand next to him, all of his aides will have to know."

Iris shot back as Lady Sheffield spoke as if it was a truth that was only natural to say.

"What the hell is that groundless confidence?"

"Oh my gosh, what do you mean there's no basis? Is there anyone other than the Crown Prince who can captivate me and crush me at once with just his momentum and eyes, or at least with his words? If I want to risk my whole life, it needs to be that kind of person."

"What you're risking your life for is nonsense... Eup!"

Iris leaned forward and began to swear at Lady Sheffield with harsh words, but Cooper covered her mouth.

Before Iris really exploded and the second Cooper opened his mouth, there was the sound of the door opening and hot air rushed out like a low tide.

—Tachak.

"I'm back. The maids prepared well, so I just brought it with me. Let's drink and breathe a bit. But what is it that smells so strong..."

Ophelia, who had put down the tray and fanned her hands at the strong scent of perfume that seemed to paralyze her nose, widened her eyes.

"The new aide?"

Lady Sheffield took a step towards Ophelia and blatantly scanned her, up and down.

Ophelia's eyes shifted towards Iris and Cooper and blinked to ask what's going on, but Lady Sheffield was an opponent which 'Tell me with your eyes' didn't work.
(TL/N: as in, they can't explain why she's here with just their eyes.)

"That red hair and blue eyes. It's Bolsheik."

Lady Sheffield frowned painfully.

"What the heck did His Highness see in you to make you an aide?"

Pointing her index finger at Ophelia's face and body, Lady Sheffield snorted and threw the fan she was holding.

Seeing her fan hitting the nose of Ophelia's round shoes, Lady Sheffield raised the corner of her lips.

"The fan fell."

Seeing the way Lady Sheffield's fingers were moving at the same time she said that, it was clear that she wanted Ophelia to bend down to pick up the fan and bring it.

This was very old school bullying.

It was so cliché that Ophelia was not particularly upset.

'I'm too tired from many other hardships to get angry over this.'

Even so, she had no intention of picking up the fan and handing it over.

"What are you doing?"

Ophelia spoke without picking up the fan.

"Young-ae, your speech was short earlier."

"Isn't it obvious? Don't tell me you think you're equal?"

Ophelia was also Richard's aide, like Iris and Cooper, so Lady Sheffield had to use formal speech towards her.