Ground Rules

What am I supposed to do until then? I wondered to myself as Arai took a nap in my bag. I walked out of the building and began looking around. This looks like our Paris, so I should go to the bakery for some food. I ran to the bakery that was owned by Mari's parents and walked in the door. "Welcome, what can I get for you?" Sabine asked. "Can I have a chocolate croissant, please?" I asked, reaching into my purse for money. "Of course- hey!" Tom called out. "Aren't you Y/n? Marinette's friend?" He asked. "Oh, that's right! I knew she looked familiar." Sabine remarked.

   "But... where's the color in your outfit? We normally see you wearing such colorful things." She added. "Just had a change of style, I guess." I laughed nervously. "Since you're a friend of Marinette, this one's on the house!" Tom smiled, handing me the croissant. "Really? Thank you!" I smiled as I took the croissant. "I guess I better go now!" I waved, leaving the bakery. I found an alleyway and woke up Arai to feed her. After she ate I transformed and went to find my partners. As I threw my yoyo, I couldn't help but feel like I was being watched. I dismissed the feeling and jumped away.

   I found my partners on the same street as they were when I left. "Where did you go?" Shadybug asked. "Sorry about that, had a little trouble with my miraculous." I apologized, landing next to her. "Are you saying you missed me, Bug?" I asked with a teasing smirk. Shadybug's eyes widened and she looked away. "No. I was just on the verge of killing the flea bag for almost getting me Kamikatized." She groaned, turning to Claw Noir. "If he didn't make me so angry, that wouldn't have happened." She crossed her arms. "Then don't get angry!" Claw Noir countered, shouting at Shady while getting closer to her. "Or... you could both take deep breaths and calm down?" I suggested, getting in between them both. They both looked at me before doing just that. I smiled at their actions.

   "So, what do we do now?" Claw Noir asked. "It's a good thing I have a brain, and a lead." Shadybug smirked, pointing to her brain. "What's the plan, Bug?" I asked, hoping that the two of them don't fight again. "Follow me." Shadybug threw her yoyo and jumped away. Claw Noir and I followed behind her as she made her way back to the room we entered when we first got here. As we made our way, I noticed that it was where Marinette lived in our world. We entered through the hole Claw Noir made and noticed that Alya was free. "She's freed herself." Shadybug muttered. "She can't be far." Claw Noir added, picking up his belt and tying it back around his waist. I noticed the trap door on the floor. "Ooh, a way out!" Claw Noir smiled, walking towards the trapdoor and trying to open it.

   "Don't even think about it, fleabag." Shadybug pulled him back by the tail. "Hey, what did I say about the tail!?" He whined. "Shadybug's right, cat. If the portal between our worlds opened, there's gotta be a reason. Looking for clues might help." I reasoned. Shadybug crossed her arms and smirked at Claw Noir, making him roll his eyes. "Only if you think it's a good idea, M'lady." He sighed, standing next to me. I smiled at him and nodded. We all began to look around Marinette's room and I was interested when I saw that Claw Noir found dolls of those... heroes from this world.

   "My name's Ladybug! But my real name is Lazybug, because I'm lazy in every single dimension!" He said mockingly, making me laugh. Shadybug groaned, snapping me out of it and I stopped laughing. She pulled down a poster board, separating us from each other. "I wish you were Claw Noir cause he's the real cool cat!" Claw Noir continued. He noticed what Shadybug did and stopped playing with the dolls. He pulled out his staff and began playing with it while I went behind the poster board to talk to Shadybug, but saw she was reading what looked like a diary. I read the pages along with her but was caught off guard when she spoke out. "Ladybug. I should've known." She rolled her eyes.

   I laughed at her reaction and continued reading. As we read on, I noticed Shadybug began to smile. I wasn't really interested in the diary until we came across a page about my miraculous. "Today Master Fu told me about a special miraculous: The miraculous of the spider. The kwami's name is Arai. The spider miraculous is really dangerous and every person who's used it has had an accident! Except for one user, nobody knows her name but she has been able to unlock all of the powers of the miraculous before disappearing mysteriously." The pages read. Shadybug look at me and I at her before turning our attention back to the diary and reading on.