Explanations Given And Required

Vanoss' POV

"That's sad that you didn't really have friends in sixth grade but that doesn't entirely explain to me what happened in the bathroom," I said, failing at trying to be nice.

"No, that's just where it began," Delirious sighed and looked away. "I finally made some friends in seventh grade. They seemed pretty cool at first but then I began to try to act like them. Its a really bad habit of mine to copy other people."

"What do you mean act like them?" I asked after a moment of thinking. "Did you, ya know, take drugs?"

He stared at me for a moment as if I were crazy before he started laughing. "No, no drugs," he managed to say in between giggles. "I began cussing and developed one hell of a dirty mind."

"Oh," I looked down in embarrassment.

"It was also in seventh grade that I really began to consider killing myself. The only things holding me back were my friends and my dog. Heh, my dog was basically my entire life back then. I would've done anything for that little bitch," Delirious' laugh died down to a sad chuckle. "I was too stupid and immature to realize the mistake I had made by befriending them. It didn't help that I had very little socializing the previous year and was dying for just a bit of positive attention."

He shifted on the bed and tapped his fingers against his legs. Delirious looked around the room before continuing, "Apparently I had made friends with a group of kids who weren't well liked. The hate increased that year from just rumors of me being a stalker to everyone calling me ugly-"

"You're not ugly," I immediately interrupted him. "In fact, I forgot to tell you that it's nice to actually see you in real life than over some face-reveal recording."

"Thank you," he grinned before continuing where I had interrupted. "It was always verbal bullying until some older kids, eighth graders, decided that they wanted to fight me. One of my friends had told me to read a sign or something that happened to be next to those eighth graders and I had no clue that they had a problem with me."

I was still confused but continued to listen, hoping that somehow his story would start making sense and connect to whatever happened in the bathroom. "Right after I had went back to my friend, the eighth graders separated us and pushed me to the ground. I knew how to fight but was confused and shocked about the entire thing. Most of the eighth graders pulled out their phones to record it but luckily my friend's dad arrived right before they could do anything," Delirious nervously ran a hand through his hair and licked his lips.

I leaned over a bit to give him a hug but he flinched away. "... Ever since then I've been afraid to let people touch me," he whispered and turned his gaze to his dangling feet. "Some of my friends liked hitting me, same with my family. They only said they did it because we were friends and it was a way to show our friendship. Everytime I see an arm or a hand nearing me, I'll freak out and think someone wants to hit me."

"Do you want a hug?" I asked, standing up and slowly spread my arms to show I meant no harm. "That sounded stupid but do you?"

"Two full grown men hugging it out in just boxers and a towel?" Delirious raised an eyebrow and laughed. "Why not?"

He stood up and awkwardly moved forward to give me a hug when there was a click and the hotel door burst open. Delirious somehow tripped and our heads painfully collided, sending us both tumbling to the ground. "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!" A very familiar accented voice shouted. "I DIDN'T MEAN TO INTERRUPT YOUR SEX!"

Delirious and I looked at each other in surprise, our current position easily mistaken for a much different one. "Wait! Mini! It's not like that!" we shouted as the British man shook his head and turned around, eyes shut tight the entire time.

"Well explain why you're only in boxers and Delirious isn't wearing anything WHILE ON TOP OF YOU!" Mini bumped into a wall while trying to find his way out. "Last time I'm ever lock picking someone's room to fucking scare them! Jesus!"

He slammed the door behind him and I was left confused. There was a distant shout of 'Now I'm going to have to edit this out!' before everything fell silent.

"What just happened?" I asked after a moment.

"I don't even fucking know," Delirious shook his head. "Why did he say I was na- Oh.... Oh. Oh."

"What?" I asked and tried sitting up. "Delirious, what are you talking about? I need so many explanations right now."

"I- uh- Evan, my towel fell off."

"WHAT?"
-------------------------------------------------------
It's short but it was made in very short notice. After hearing that FeathersDarkness wasn't feeling in tip-top shape, I decided to make this chapter at a time where I should've been sleeping because waking up early in the morning is a bitch.

Also, I just wanted to state that I accidentally uploaded Chapter 8 in the middle of proof-reading it. I was casually scrolling and reading out loud to myself when I realized there was a part that needed to be fixed. This was on my phone so I was moving the screen with my thumb. I then realized with an 'OH SHIT' that I hit publish.

I'm squinting at my phone because I don't know what else to write.

*looks up from drawing of dragon* Well hello there stranger! My name is Cat and I would like to not only thank you for reading my story but for helping me reach an outstanding 500+ views! Let's go after 1000! As I literally just thought to myself a moment ago, nothing is too far away as long as you get up off your lazy ass and stand next to it. LET THAT BE YOUR LIFE QUOTE FOREVER AND REMEMBER! PEACE!