👭🏻👩🏼‍🎤👨🏽‍🎤🎤

(Lunch date with the bestie🤞🏻🙂‍↕️)

"So you've been loving your job?" Linsey said once our food was served. I ordered chicken Alfredo and an ice tea while Linsey got herself a sandwich and a chicken noodle soup with a soda. Since I was paying she decided to take advantage.

"Yeah it's been alright actually I don't mind it," I said honestly.

"I know you have because if you didn't like it even a little you would have been gone by now looking for another job." She said laughing, "So what's it about your job that you love so much?" She asked with a small smirk.

"It's not like that but I actually made a new friend, I should have you meet her one of these days. Her names Naomi." I said as Linsey gave me a dirty face. "What? Why are you giving me that face, hay algo en mi cara?" I asked.

"No nothing, it's just your making new friends without telling me? Naomi is it, I don't think I like this Naomi." Linsey said half joking and half serious.

"Don't be like that I think you'll actually like her when you meet her she's cool." I said taking as sip of my tea.

"Well you don't see me making new friends at my Job," she said still taking offense.

"Well you don't make friends there because all your colleagues are in their late 30's and your scared to talk to new people." I argued.

She was going to continue but before she could she was interrupted by someone's voice.

"Abigail right?" I turned to see a few familiar guys from the Liverpools football club. Let's hope I remember their name, god help me remember.

"Yea that's me, and you must be Darwin and Trent right? Forgive me if I'm wrong," I was praying I got their names right because if I just said some random names it's gonna be really embarrassing for me.

"Yeah and that's Dominik but you already know him." He said with a cheeky smile.

"Oh hi there Dominik didn't see. This is my best friend Linsey." I said emphasizing the 'best friend' part while side eyeing Linsey.

She waved as they took their sets at the table next to ours.

"I see why you're been loving your job," Linsey whispered and she glanced at the guys. I shook my head and nudged her foot with mine. I ignored the looks she gave me and continued enjoying my food.

"Anyways what does this Naomi even look like? Do you even know if she's actually a chill person?" Linsey asked half joking again.

"I'm telling you you'll like her! How about next week I invite her out for lunch? Trust me she's fun," I said convincing her.

"I don't know," she said looking away from me with folded arms.

"And she is really pretty," I added.

"Is she your new best friend now or what?" She asked with a mocking voice.

"Of course not, but that doesn't mean she's not a good friend of mine. And who else am I gonna talk to at work?" By now the guys had already ordered and were watching this whole thing go down while stuffing their faces.

"How about I meat this amazing best friend of yours Naomi," she said, "Tomorrow if anything, I'd like to meet her tomorrow."

"Okay then I'll text her right now," I pulled out my phone and typed away. Naomi was fast to reply excepting the invite. "Tomorrow it is."

"If it doesn't work out you can talk to us," Darwin said as he butted into our argument jokingly.

"Thanks," I said with a small laugh.