Chapter 14

Lisa snorted, "You won't find anything good in me."

Minnie's hand moved to touch her own, Lisa urged not to flick it away. It rested upon her like a harsh hammer. "I can prove it to you. Give me a chance."

Minnie's head leaned in, as she looked down at Lisa's lips.

A cheer in the crowd broke them apart and Lisa looked over, her eyes widening when she notices Jennie walk in with Chaeyoung and Jisoo who caused a riot at the bar counter.

Lisa looked away, seeing Minnie still leaning in, tug in her gut making her pull away but still she fought it. Should she just do it?

Kissing Minnie would somehow free the hold Jennie seemed to have over her. It was sensible.

It's not like they were together and she could kiss and sleep with anyone she wanted even when the gnawing ebbed further inside her.

But she ignored it.

So she leaned in, pressing her lips unto Minnie's.

*

Jennie was sitting in a small booth as she looked around the crowd.

Chaeyoung bought over four shots of vodka, clenching them with her tiny fists with her tongue sticking out. Jisoo was still talking to the bartenders.

Moment Chaeyoung placed the shots on the table, Jennie hissed at her. "She is not here."

So, Jennie finally succumbed and told Chae everything. It was already bubbling in her and she could not not say it. Chae didn't even look surprised and simply instructed her what to do next.

Her parents were busy anyway and she had told them she was going to stay over at Chae's place for a sleepover, thinking that she might catch some interesting bait tonight.

With a little bit of help from Jisoo, they found out that Lisa was on a date with someone and she had brought her here.

The deadly green hue that settled over Jennie was new, shocking and painful. Lisa had just kissed her only yesterday and now, she was on date with someone else.

"She is here. Don't worry. We need to keep our eyes open." Chaeyoung took the small glass containing the burning liquid and chugged it down.

Jennie wasn't listening because her eyes caught hold of a very familiar set of hair kissing some brunette.

The fact that disturbed her the most was Lisa had taken so much measure from not kissing Jennie and here she was already sticking her tongue down someone's throat on the first date.

The bile rose in Jennie. Immediately, jogging her memory to Hanbin who did the same to her. Was it really that hard to remain loyal to her?

She squinted her eyes at how the girl gripped Lisa's hair, tugging her back for more.

Jennie couldn't watch it. She couldn't see the same passion Lisa had shared with her is smothering someone else's mouth.

She gazed down at her drink as Chaeyoung noticed her friend's foreboding expression. She turned back and with a light gasp, she looked at Jennie her eyes filled with pity and sadness.

She hated it.

"I'm fine." Jennie reached up, tying her hair into a long pony.

"It's okay. She is not the only person in this city."

Jennie simply ignored that and went to chug the two small glasses of vodka. The spirit scratched her throat, making her only want to retch out her lungs from within.