9

I'm wearing a loose brown sundress that is the same shade as din's eyes. I'm sitting on the floor of the storage compartment with the small bounty in my lap. We are playing with my necklace. He is babbling at me.

"Aw ain't you the cutest thing ever." I softly say. The child makes some cute noises back. The door opens and Din walks inside. He is in his full armer. It's old and worn but still very useful and it protects him.

"Hey baby how much further till we stop" I ask.

Din grumbles back "about 1 hour" he paused "then I am going to drop off the bounty"

I stammer in shock "you can't it's just a child. What are they gonna do it him. They might kill him"

Din calmly says "this is the way"

I struggle to stand up but once I do I walk out of the storage compartment and into our bunk. With the child in my arms. Din follows after me.

"My love, I have to bring him in. It's my job" Din pleads with me.

"It doesn't make it right. It is a child and it doesn't deserve to be harmed in any way. Imagine it was our child" I angrily say.

"But it's not our child. I agree with you that it's not right but it's my job. If I don't give the child over then, they will come after you and the convert. And I won't let that happen. I love you too much to let anything harm you. It's one life comepaired to our people and your's" He tries to reason with me.

I open the door and hug Din. "I'm sorry for being so dramatic. But you have to understand that I want to protect this child. This child is innocent" I cry.

Din holds me agihis armed chest and puts his forehead to mine in a Keldabe kiss. "My love I will do anything to make you happy. I will make this right and I will get the beskar too. I promise this on the creed and on my love for you" Din softly tells me.