Chapter Seven

"I can't believe you are a werewolf, Gar!" I said looking at my big little brother. He beamed backat me with his one-thousand-watt smile, and proudly strutted his stuff around the backyard.I just stood there staring at my brother with my mouth hanging wide open, for what seemed likeages when I heard my parents talking."Oh, that explains a lot. We could never understand how or why you were so tall. Now we see.Werewolves have to be tall, because when they shift their bones break and reform. So, they needall that extra height in order to be as massive as they are. It appears that as a werewolf born towitches, that you must be mated to an Elemental witch. I am guessing that you are fated to bewith......OW!" My dad yelled out in pain holding his side.I could see from the look on his face that my mom had elbowed him harder this time. I wasstarting to get angry."Why are you still keeping secrets from us! You know I know that the other two elementals'witches are Addi and Gabi, right?! Or at least I think they are?" Why was I questioning myselfall the sudden? I was always so sure of everything I did. But this new development has my headtwisted. The anger in me burst forth from somewhere deep inside me.I let out a blood curdling scream that would have woken the entire neighborhood had it not beenfor the wards that have been placed. The water flew out of me, fast and hard swirling around mein a tight ball, I was rising further into the air, with water rushing out toward everyone who wasin the back yard.I was angry and needed them to stop treating me like a child. I moved my arms around, rightingmyself so I stood upright floating about six feet off the ground. I looked down at all the peoplestanding there staring at me. I threw my head back letting out a long, loud, powerful wail. Thesound that came out of my mouth, was shrill and melodic. Water rushing everywhere aroundinside the confines of our wards. My head felt like it was going to explode.I felt him before I saw him. Declan had his arms wrapped tightly around my feet, trying to bringme back down. But the anger I held so close to me all these years was overpowering ourconnection. I kicked hard, knocking him off me.I saw several other people popping into our yard and got even angrier."HOW COULD YOU KEEP THIS FROM US! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" the wordscame out of me but didn't sound like me. My back started arching backwards, I thought I mightbreak in two.Then I heard,"Raven, stop her. Before she kills herself, or someone else!" It was Darius. I turned my headtoward him, pulling the water out of his body, slowly he dropped to his knees in front of me. Thisfelt amazing. So much power.Next thing I know, a flash of fire hit me dead center in my chest, and Raven was wrapped aroundme."Calm down, Nina. Please, you are killing him. Please Nina, come back to me." She waspleading for me. Somewhere in the back of my mind. I heard us playing as kids, the sound of herlaughing and the joy she brought me being her friend. I slowly started to sink back to the ground,Declan wrapped around me from the back, Raven in front. The amount of anger I had nowreplaced by love, and sheer exhaustion.My body hit the ground in a soft thud, and I was instantly asleep.I woke up a few hours later to the sound of murmuring around me. I could feel the coolness ofDeclan's body pressed up against my back. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist, hisface nuzzled into the back of my hair. It was a wonderful feeling. I snuggled into him closer, asmall moan escaping my lips. When I heard Raven,"Nina, sweetie. Are you ok?" she asked quietly. I stretched out long and hard, and slowly sat up,rubbing my eyes. She started to come into focus, and as I looked around the room, I noticed wewere in the game room in the basement. And I was surrounded by a fuck ton of people.I shot up to my feet, knocking Declan of the back of the futon we were laying on. What the hellare you all doing here! I looked around the room, there were my parents, Raven's mom, Gabi'smom and dad, Addi's parents and grandmother, Darius, and Roe, and several more people Ididn't know.Darius pointed at a chair in the center of the room, then asked me to sit in it, with Raven sittingnext to me. I slowly walked to the center of the room, taking the time to study the faces of thosearound me. Sitting down I glanced up at the clock. It said eight fifteen. I looked at Raven andsaid is that am or pm?"P.M., you were only asleep for an hour. It felt longer, didn't it?" She said looking at me smiling."Yes? Why?" I asked her quietly."That was me. I put a time spell on you so you could get fully recharged and not waste any timesleeping. Pretty awesome huh?" She said grinning like a crazy woman."Yep, pretty awesome. So, what are we doing now? Raven, I am seriously freaking out. Why areyou not?" I asked."Well, to be honest, I am. I just compose myself better. Besides, it is about to get super fun." Shesaid laughing and pointing at two of the most elegant, looking people I have ever seen. Andevery person in the room was kneeling before them.